Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cunard Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Voyage, New York to Southampton

Wikiposts

Cunard Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Voyage, New York to Southampton

Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:13 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cunard Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Voyage, New York to Southampton

yes, we had a lovely visit with Englishmum in NY. This site is amazing in how it can bring people together.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:14 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't found Pombat or Britwhore yet, so am posting here. We will be at the first cocktail party tonight. I'll have a long black dress on ( I know not very helpful) OH will be in Highland Dress. I am 5 feet tall with shoulder length hair (brown with highlights) OH has no hair. Hope you are checking this site, even although it is very expensive to access the internet.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lf1
Haven't found Pombat or Britwhore yet, so am posting here. We will be at the first cocktail party tonight. I'll have a long black dress on ( I know not very helpful) OH will be in Highland Dress. I am 5 feet tall with shoulder length hair (brown with highlights) OH has no hair. Hope you are checking this site, even although it is very expensive to access the internet.
If1, if you know their names get the ship reception to put a note in their cabins. Have a great evening.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 9:21 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

They should be carrying big cardboard signs with their BE names on
I hope you find each other.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
They should be carrying big cardboard signs with their BE names on
I hope you find each other.
Yep on the back of their cocktail dresses. lol
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Wow - you are 'pushing the boat out' if you're paying for internet access from the QM2 lol!

I hope you're both enjoying yourselves onboard and enjoying a well-deserved rest! Did you do the 'meet & greet' ie. photo taken with the Captain? Is it Chris Wells, who did our marriage vow renewal?

I guess you are up to date with Team GB's fantastic Olympic success either through your TV or I should imagine it's the biggest topic of conversation on the QM2...I wouldn't be surprised if they've announced it via tannoy

If you haven't spotted the other BE families yet, then maybe go up to the kennels and you are sure to bump into Britwhore with her mutts, or perhaps you could leave a message with the kennel assistant
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:51 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Wow - you are 'pushing the boat out' if you're paying for internet access from the QM2 lol!

I hope you're both enjoying yourselves onboard and enjoying a well-deserved rest! Did you do the 'meet & greet' ie. photo taken with the Captain? Is it Chris Wells, who did our marriage vow renewal?

I guess you are up to date with Team GB's fantastic Olympic success either through your TV or I should imagine it's the biggest topic of conversation on the QM2...I wouldn't be surprised if they've announced it via tannoy

If you haven't spotted the other BE families yet, then maybe go up to the kennels and you are sure to bump into Britwhore with her mutts, or perhaps you could leave a message with the kennel assistant
Can you imagine the conversation.
Hi my name is If1 I need to find this British woman (like the qm2 isn't brimming with them) She's called Brit Whore! They'll think that she's lost her mind and Britwhore will find herself immensely popular for the duration when word gets out.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:05 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great time on the high seas guys
OK, my perspective, as someone who did two Atlantic crossings in the 70s (qE2 & Mikail Lermontov.) I'd love to go on QM2 but know that my wife is not too keen. So I got the brochures and the promotional video in the mail. All the guys in the video look like Mitt Romney (rich, well groomed, computer generated types.) The brochures and video way over emphasize the more expensive classes (Queens grill etc.) In short, the brochures and video discourage one from booking, in that the message seems to be "if you are ordinary working stiff you will feel out of place here." Seems like a bit of a marketing failure..
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:21 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by robin1234
OK, my perspective, as someone who did two Atlantic crossings in the 70s (qE2 & Mikail Lermontov.) I'd love to go on QM2 but know that my wife is not too keen. So I got the brochures and the promotional video in the mail. All the guys in the video look like Mitt Romney (rich, well groomed, computer generated types.) The brochures and video way over emphasize the more expensive classes (Queens grill etc.) In short, the brochures and video discourage one from booking, in that the message seems to be "if you are ordinary working stiff you will feel out of place here." Seems like a bit of a marketing failure..
This makes it look a lot less posh and is very interesting.
http://www.thewaywewent.com/qm2mv3.html
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robin1234
Robin1234, that is not the impression you get when you`re on the QM2. Most people (obviously) are in the Princess grill class, and you`re hardly aware of the other lot. It is just like staying in a 4-star hotel, and you can choose what kind of style you want to cruise in. For dinner you can either go "self service" or the whole hog and have white linen and silver service five course spoiling every night. It`s all luxurious, so no chance of feeling 'second best".
And no, I`m not working for Cunard! Dont be discouraged, go for it!
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:22 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lf1
We are here! I'll PM you!
Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:41 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cunard Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Voyage, New York to Southampton

Originally Posted by jemima55
Robin1234, that is not the impression you get when you`re on the QM2. Most people (obviously) are in the Princess grill class, and you`re hardly aware of the other lot. It is just like staying in a 4-star hotel, and you can choose what kind of style you want to cruise in. For dinner you can either go "self service" or the whole hog and have white linen and silver service five course spoiling every night. It`s all luxurious, so no chance of feeling 'second best".
And no, I`m not working for Cunard! Dont be discouraged, go for it!
Ahem, no the Princess Grill is where the posh people had their dining room and lounge, the plebs (which included my spouse and I) were allocated the Britannia dining room - which was very nice indeed.

Robin1234 - have no worries about being a passenger. There was one woman on board who we spotted from time to time with her little girl in the Queen's Room having Afternoon Tea, in the pub or theatres. She looked like an Essex Girl/Jersey Girl with badly bleached hair, piercings and tattoos and no-one batted an eyelid. I saw quite a few male passengers with tattoos on their arms and chests too.

No-one on the ship looked like the people in the brochures (they only really dressed up in their nice clothes when it was the first formal night to go to the Captains cocktail party, as photos are taken). Don't forget, they're all models in the brochures! If you ever look at online airline websites everyone looks smart, even in economy.....but you never see airline passengers looking like the models in the online brochures!

Our Captain was Chris Wells (who undertook the service for the renewal of our marriage vows) and a really lovely man. He has been Captain of other Cunard ships and is on a short video here:

http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-El.../Virtual-Tour/
Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:29 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

We have a celeb on board - PUDSEY!!!! That means that Britwhore's 4 dogs will be hanging out with him. He is performing tonight.

I now have Pombat's dinner table no. so I will track her down tonight.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

We have a celeb on board - PUDSEY!!!! That means that Britwhore's 4 dogs will be hanging out with him. He is performing tonight.

I now have Pombat's dinner table no. so I will track her down tonight.
Pudsey's a little sweetheart, enjoy the show!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Englishmum, quite right, I didnt check what I was going on about!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.