Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cultural Differences - Hunting

Cultural Differences - Hunting

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:13 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cultural Differences - Hunting

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That is complete bollocks. Your brother (God bless him) is probably just thick.

I play 9 instruments, I sing, write songs, I can produce and arrange music for others as well. That's just in the field of music.

Outside of that I have many and varied interests in the likes of photography, theatre, astronomy, history, physics. Of course, I'm not well rounded because I am not instinctual and primal.

That's your lookout and it's all well and good but at no point in this thread have I made fun or belittled anyone for hunting. I merely questioned the need for it.
I play a little..I have a Strat and a SG..Been workin on this lately- Your playlist is pretty tame btw

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:16 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drop step
I play a little..I have a Strat and a SG..Been workin on this lately- Your playlist is pretty tame btw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=picqdb4GRM8
That doesn't sound that hard, shouldn't take too much work for a well rounded bloke such as yourself . . .

My playlist?? There are 4 other guys in my band, it isn't just me. Who are you to say what is tame and what is not. That was just plain rude to be perfectly honest.

Unless well rounded is another term for arrogant, maybe?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:17 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

No...Im not interested. I love women
But how can you "be a well rounded and interesting person" when you haven't tried a little brown love? - you need to try everything you know
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:20 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
But how can you "be a well rounded and interesting person" when you haven't tried a little brown love? - you need to try everything you know
Is that why they call Steve Davis the nugget
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:22 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

That doesn't sound that hard, shouldn't take too much work for a well rounded bloke such as yourself . . .
I just play the real nasty riffs..I'm not that good..I like that riff on Any way you want it (from your playlist) ...You know the one near the end
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
My instincts have me craving something else...
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:24 am
I have a comma problem

I just play the real nasty riffs..I'm not that good..I like that riff on Any way you want it (from your playlist) ...You know the one near the end
There's not much of a riff in that song, except the little motif that ends each 2 line couplet.

Do you mean the last solo before the end chorus?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:28 am
Banned

There's not much of a riff in that song, except the little motif that ends each 2 line couplet.

Do you mean the last solo before the end chorus?
right at the 2:04 minute mark..They should just do that for 2 minutes..I can play that but mine sounds better..Nastier...That guy played with Santana..You probaly did'nt know that

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:32 am
I have a comma problem

right at the 2 minute mark..They should just do that for 2 minutes..I can play that but mine sounds better..Nastier...That guy played with Santana..You probaly did'nt know that

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BgvnZIxOX08
That's a solo, not a riff. Not a bad solo by all accounts, nice and easy to learn but (and no offense) I doubt you can play it better than Neil Schon.

Oh dear God, this was my 1,000th post?!??!??

F*** it, I'm off to bed.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:42 am
Banned

That's a solo, not a riff. Not a bad solo by all accounts, nice and easy to learn but (and no offense) I doubt you can play it better than Neil Schon.
It's the same thing over and over..I do it until I see my wife in the doorway screaming for me to stop..I play the drums a little too. My style is similar to Charlie Watts..Just give me a snare drum and a couple of sticks and I can lay down a steady beat forever, like on

Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:50 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Men...Has your wife ever asked you to stop by the store and pick up something on your way home?..And don't ya always buy all kinds of extra stuff? And don't ya love bringing it home and showing the clan what you got? I do..Thats instincts. Thats bringing food back to the cave.

It doesn't replace actually hunting, but it's good
That's what the gatherers do. The hunters go in get what they came for and out.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:22 pm
I have a comma problem

It's the same thing over and over..I do it until I see my wife in the doorway screaming for me to stop..I play the drums a little too. My style is similar to Charlie Watts..Just give me a snare drum and a couple of sticks and I can lay down a steady beat forever, like on

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PwRV7gmDIyk
Aye, OK . . .

(Ever heard of headphones by the way?)
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing this has run its course with all the silliness, so I'm going to be the party pooper and put this thread out of its misery because it can kick off again.