Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cultural Differences - Hunting

Cultural Differences - Hunting

Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:51 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cultural Differences - Hunting

Originally Posted by drop step
You were the guy that stayed back at the cave with the women preparing side dishes...
That is complete wank, you can't make comparisons between the present and our Cro Magnon ancestors - it is apples and oranges. Back then man hunted because we had to. Now we have farming to raise our animals for meat, and we hunt for fun. It's just not a necessity anymore, I'm not sure why we can't agree to disagree on this point.

I choose not to do it because it holds absolutely zero interest for me. The only thing that makes a man a man is a pair of bollocks.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:17 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That is complete wank, you can't make comparisons between the present and our Cro Magnon ancestors - it is apples and oranges. Back then man hunted because we had to. Now we have farming to raise our animals for meat, and we hunt for fun. It's just not a necessity anymore, I'm not sure why we can't agree to disagree on this point.

I choose not to do it because it holds absolutely zero interest for me. The only thing that makes a man a man is a pair of bollocks.
We all agree its not a necessity for everyone to hunt. I'm telling you I had no interest in it either, until I did it. Do you know what instincts are? They are what drive you to chase women, reproduce, and kill animals to feed your family. If you don't have natural instincts then what do you have SOS, why are you even here? It's a big deal.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

We all agree its not a necessity for everyone to hunt. I'm telling you I had no interest in it either, until I did it. Do you know what instincts are? They are what drive you to chase women, reproduce, and kill animals to feed your family. If you don't have natural instincts then what do you have SOS, why are you even here? It's a big deal.
I know what instincts are, they aren't a big deal to me. I'm only here because my dad knocked up my mum, there's nothing special about any of us.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:21 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

I know what instincts are, they aren't a big deal to me. I'm only here because my dad knocked up my mum, there's nothing special about any of us.
Speak for yourself
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:24 am
I have a comma problem

Speak for yourself
I'm not trying to turn it into a pissing match or anything, it's just what I think. But then again I could never be accused of being anything other than rather cynical about most things.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:29 am
Banned

I'm not trying to turn it into a pissing match or anything, it's just what I think. But then again I could never be accused of being anything other than rather cynical about most things.
Sometimes you need to try things before you form an opinion on them, otherwise your opinion on them is virtually worthless. It's like me saying I don't like a place I've never been to. Very immature
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:31 am
I have a comma problem

Sometimes you need to try things before you form an opinion on them, otherwise your opinion on them is virtually worthless. It's like me saying I don't like a place I've never been to. Very immature
What are you whittering on about? If it is about the whole hunting thing, I said I had no interest in it. That's not immature or opinion, it is a fact. I am not interested in plenty of things, as I'm sure are you!

You're being weird again, and I'm rising to the bait. Oh bloody hell . . .
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:36 am
Banned

What are you whittering on about? If it is about the whole hunting thing, I said I had no interest in it. That's not immature or opinion, it is a fact. I am not interested in plenty of things, as I'm sure are you!

You're being weird again, and I'm rising to the bait. Oh bloody hell . . .

If you want to be a well rounded and interesting person you need to try everything.. And i'm not talking about bungy jumping or sky diving.

You really need a lot of work SOS, whata mess
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:40 am
I have a comma problem

If you want to be a well rounded and interesting person you need to try everything.. And i'm not talking about bungy jumping or sky diving.

Absolute shite - you know nothing about me, nor what I have done, and I have no reason to believe that anything you have posted on any thread is anything other than complete fiction.

We were having a civil discussion and then you had to get all patronising again. I don't have the patience for this wank. Either keep it on topic or keep it to yourself.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:44 am
Banned

Absolute shite - you know nothing about me, nor what I have done, and I have no reason to believe that anything you have posted on any thread is anything other than complete fiction.

We were having a civil discussion and then you had to get all patronising again. I don't have the patience for this wank. Either keep it on topic or keep it to yourself.
You need more life experiences...Thats my opinion
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:49 am
I have a comma problem

You need more life experiences...Thats my opinion
Then why not say that instead of getting all condescending about it?

At any rate I don't think I do. I'm not the outgoing type. I have my interests that keep me very, very happy and above and beyond those few things, my children are all the extra curricular activities that I need.

Life experience is all relative anyway - so you might be the dog's bollocks because you shot a bear, but when was the last time you played in front of 1,000+ people and had them eating out of the palm of your hand?

(Figuratively speaking otherwise that is just nasty . . .)
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:54 am
Banned

Then why not say that instead of getting all condescending about it?

At any rate I don't think I do. I'm not the outgoing type. I have my interests that keep me very, very happy and above and beyond those few things, my children are all the extra curricular activities that I need.

Life experience is all relative anyway - so you might be the dog's bollocks because you shot a bear, but when was the last time you played in front of 1,000+ people and had them eating out of the palm of your hand?

(Figuratively speaking otherwise that is just nasty . . .)
You know musicians are very one dimensional..I know, I watched one of my brothers spend his entire childhood practicing guitar. He doesn't know anything else
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:00 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you've tried gay sex as well as hunting then?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I assume you've tried gay sex as well as hunting then?
No...Im not interested. I love women
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:03 am
I have a comma problem

You know musicians are very one dimensional..I know, I watched one of my brothers spend his entire childhood practicing guitar. He doesn't know anything else
That is complete bollocks. Your brother (God bless him) is probably just thick.

I play 9 instruments, I sing, write songs, I can produce and arrange music for others as well. That's just in the field of music.

Outside of that I have many and varied interests in the likes of photography, theatre, astronomy, history, physics. Of course, I'm not well rounded because I am not instinctual and primal.

That's your lookout and it's all well and good but at no point in this thread have I made fun or belittled anyone for hunting. I merely questioned the need for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.