British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Crumpets or not? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/crumpets-not-359411/)

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 2:36 am

Crumpets or not?

All the H X Buns are gone. Bought myself some Gourmet Baker, Crumpets. In smaller print "British Style Toaster Muffins" who new? They are made in Canada. I have had them before, not bad, not bad at all. You should try them if you see them.
Reg. Frank R.

Jerseygirl Mar 6th 2006 2:57 am

Re: Crumpets or not?

Originally Posted by frrussre
All the H X Buns are gone. Bought myself some Gourmet Baker, Crumpets. In smaller print "British Style Toaster Muffins" who new? They are made in Canada. I have had them before, not bad, not bad at all. You should try them if you see them.
Reg. Frank R.

I bring them back from Toronto and freeze them. Although they aren't as soft and fresh as the English ones they taste quite nice if toasted.

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I bring them back from Toronto and freeze them. Although they aren't as soft and fresh as the English ones they taste quite nice if toasted.

I got them in A&P NJ.
Reg. frank R.

Jerseygirl Mar 6th 2006 3:20 am

I got them in A&P NJ.
Reg. frank R.

Have you tried putting cheese on top then grilling them? Yum Yum! Best with Cheshire Cheese 'cos the American stuff just runs off.

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Have you tried putting cheese on top then grilling them? Yum Yum! Best with Cheshire Cheese 'cos the American stuff just runs off.

Be careful, remember what happened to me when I put cheese on H X Buns. Watch out for incoming verbal missiles.
Reg. Frank R.

PS. I guess your not watching the awards.

jibsymalone Mar 6th 2006 3:31 am

Be careful, remember what happened to me when I put cheese on H X Buns. Watch out for incoming verbal missiles.
Reg. Frank R.

PS. I guess your not watching the awards.

Saying that at least crumpets are sort of savoury (ie: not sweet! the amount of times i have said 'savoury' over here and just get blank looks! might just be the people i know though?), not sweet like hot x buns! That onslaught deeply affected you didn't it! lol :D :D

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 3:39 am

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Saying that at least crumpets are sort of savoury (ie: not sweet! the amount of times i have said 'savoury' over here and just get blank looks! might just be the people i know though?), not sweet like hot x buns! That onslaught deeply affected you didn't it! lol :D :D

I'm still slapping myself on the back of the head. Have to stop soon, I'm starting to enjoy it.
Reg. Frank R.

jibsymalone Mar 6th 2006 3:45 am

I'm still slapping myself on the back of the head. Have to stop soon, I'm starting to enjoy it.
Reg. Frank R.

Now which head are you on about? That could explain why you are enjoying it! ;) :D

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 3:53 am

Now which head are you on about? That could explain why you are enjoying it! ;) :D

Slapping head and crumpet "All in the same statement" fink your losing it. This is what happens when you live here for awhile.
Reg. Frank R.

jibsymalone Mar 6th 2006 3:58 am

Slapping head and crumpet "All in the same statement" fink your losing it. This is what happens when you live here for awhile.
Reg. Frank R.

Lol what you mean I am losing it? 'We' are just fine thanks! lol :confused: :D

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 4:07 am

Lol what you mean I am losing it? 'We' are just fine thanks! lol :confused: :D

Hope your keeping it on a good strong leash.
Reg. Frank R.

frrussre Mar 6th 2006 4:14 am

Off I go, it must be time for another head slap.
Reg. Frank R.