Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cruise passengers threaten mutiny

Cruise passengers threaten mutiny

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:59 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cruise passengers threaten mutiny

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Now, don't get me wrong, I can see some people not being happy about getting to all their ports but this is a ship for blimey sake. If these people really wanted to see a country/destination, they should have taking a bleedin aeroplane.

The only thing you see at most ports is just that, a port. You get a few hours (mingling more with thousands of other passengers from other ships) at port, shopping, a bit of sight seeing and back to the ship for dinner. When I cruise, its most often, hard to tell one destination from another.

Cunard have given these people 50% discounts JUST because they didn't make port - seems like a great offer to me. The people the most worse off are the poor people who miss out on a big ship coming into their port giving them a chance to make some money selling poorly made (in china) cheap trinkets to the ships passengers!!

It's not like these ships passengers are stranded at an airport, they are on a ship, with all the food and drink and entertainment.

I think some people in the world have turned in MEGA spoilt brats.

End of rant.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:03 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cruise passengers threaten mutiny

Originally Posted by franc11s

Now, don't get me wrong, I can see some people not being happy about getting to all their ports but this is a ship for blimey sake. If these people really wanted to see a country/destination, they should have taking a bleedin aeroplane.

The only thing you see at most ports is just that, a port. You get a few hours (mingling more with thousands of other passengers from other ships) at port, shopping, a bit of sight seeing and back to the ship for dinner. When I cruise, its most often, hard to tell one destination from another.

Cunard have given these people 50% discounts JUST because they didn't make port - seems like a great offer to me. The people the most worse off are the poor people who miss out on a big ship coming into their port giving them a chance to make some money selling poorly made (in china) cheap trinkets to the ships passengers!!

It's not like these ships passengers are stranded at an airport, they are on a ship, with all the food and drink and entertainment.

I think some people in the world have turned in MEGA spoilt brats.

End of rant.
I agree - suck it up a bit!

I was on a bus ride in Israel and some little bugger started shooting at us with an assault rifle.. and i never asked for bloody compensation!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, don't get me wrong, I think some people in the world have turned in MEGA spoilt brats.

End of rant.
yeah i agree with you on that...when i heard it on the box i thought there must be more to it than they're telling us coz no big deal, just cruise away and what's the point of not getting off at the next stop, thought that's what they wanted...mega mega spoilt brats unless there's more to it than we know
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CarlM
I was on a bus ride in Israel and some little bugger started shooting at us with an assault rifle.. and i never asked for bloody compensation!
lol tks for making me laugh
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:29 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get off at the next stop, or did they make you stay on

LOL
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:38 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get off at the next stop, or did they make you stay on

LOL
I believe I was busy laying flat on the floor of the filthy bus pissing my pants.. i honestly cant recall the bus-stop arrangements!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

I believe I was busy laying flat on the floor of the filthy bus pissing my pants.. i honestly cant recall the bus-stop arrangements!
lol i'm larffing so much, been to israel and travelled on those buses...seen the floor of those crap dirty dusty buses..lol not been shot at though
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:43 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

But surely they were good enough to give you some new trunks
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:36 am
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
But surely they were good enough to give you some new trunks
In all honesty, based on the hygiene i saw there, pissy pants was a better option than anything they could offer!