British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Crisps (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/crisps-680639/)

ChocolateBabz Aug 11th 2010 8:07 pm

Re: Crisps

OK popcorn lovers in Houston - you must try poparazzis popcorn - 60 different flavours - my favourite is mac n cheese, DS loves garlic parmesan or ranch and hubby loves the sweet ones like caramel cashew or oreo - if you can't find popcorn you like there you won't find it anywhere :eek:

N1cky Aug 11th 2010 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8770224)

But dont' go bashing the popcorn.. :D

I believe my dislike of popcorn and thinking Peanut Butter and Jello Sandwiches are the most revolting thing to ever be invented, is the real reason behind me being thrown out of the country:lol:.

meauxna Aug 11th 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8770261)
I believe my dislike of popcorn and thinking Peanut Butter and Jello Sandwiches are the most revolting thing to ever be invented, is the real reason behind me being thrown out of the country:lol:.

Oh dear.. was that you on the questionnaire I answered!

PS: Jello = wiggly fruit flavored desert stuff. Add marshmallows for a Thanksgiving salad dish (ack). Jelly/jam = fruit spread for eating with peanut butter. :D

Burn1911 Aug 11th 2010 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S (Post 8770238)
+1

I don't need to add popcorn to The Master List.

Plain, air-popped popcorn is a decent snack. The sugary, caramel, toffee stuff is candy. Blech.

Oh Gawd.... don't bring out the "Master List!" :D

Burn1911 Aug 11th 2010 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8770261)

No no no no no.... N1cky I totally sympathise with your current immigration issues... however Peanut Butter and Jelly (Jam etc..) sandwiches are yum yum yum yum !!!!!!!

You must be making them wrong.......

N1cky Aug 11th 2010 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Burn1911 (Post 8770320)
No no no no no.... N1cky I totally sympathise with your current immigration issues... however Peanut Butter and Jelly (Jam etc..) sandwiches are yum yum yum yum !!!!!!!

You must be making them wrong.......

I would never dream of making something so disgusting. Even my 8 year old nearly pukes when she see's it on the kids menu's.

zargof Aug 11th 2010 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S (Post 8770238)
+1

I don't need to add popcorn to The Master List.

Plain, air-popped popcorn is a decent snack. The sugary, caramel, toffee stuff is candy. Blech.

Is there a wiki page for the master list?

I'm not a big fan of popcorn, but if you add the powdered cheese that Cabot do, then it's awesome.

Bill_S Aug 11th 2010 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 8770379)
Is there a wiki page for the master list?

I'm not a big fan of popcorn, but if you add the powdered cheese that Cabot do, then it's awesome.

That's a good idea. Maybe I should create one.

lisa67 Aug 11th 2010 9:50 pm

peanut butter and honey is even better and kettle corn is scrummy :)

Bob Aug 11th 2010 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8770112)

Whats with the popcorn out here, its really disgusting, and adding butter to it just makes it worse:(

It's lovely...that first time...but yeah I agree, bit to much with the butter.

Popcorn is good, just nearly everything out of the microwave tastes like poo. I prefer to make my own, but the premade stuff, kettle corn from wholefoods is good and Trader Joes does a pretty good sweet version.

Bob Aug 11th 2010 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8770125)
.. mmmmm. Peanuts covered in.. who the hell knows (and don't tell me!)

If it's at a bar? Piss probably....that and what ever STD is floating through the particular place :D

Englishtart Aug 11th 2010 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 8770379)

YESS!! That powdered white cheddar is yummy on popcorn, I just don't like the plain stuff, hubby has an air popper and eats it all the time, nothing on it:ohmy:

Burn1911 Aug 12th 2010 1:20 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8770369)
I would never dream of making something so disgusting. Even my 8 year old nearly pukes when she see's it on the kids menu's.

:rofl:

meauxna Aug 12th 2010 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 8770676)
If it's at a bar? Piss probably....that and what ever STD is floating through the particular place :D

Yeah, my dad took me to a bar all the time when I was a little kid. :rolleyes:

Oh, actually, he did. :o
(the Beer Nuts were always an at-home thing tho)

Jaxbar Aug 12th 2010 4:41 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8770369)

Flew from Vegas last year and the only thing on the outrageously priced food for sale menu that was suitable for a non meat eater was an almond butter and grape jelly sandwich, it was about $7.00 dollars and disgusting I ate half and stayed hungry :thumbdown: