Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Crime in Florida

Crime in Florida

Old Jun 17th 2003, 4:03 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
Come clean now, what are you smoking! You lead a crusade defending rednecks as they commit no crime. You go off on a tangent about the confederate flag and they you spend the rest of the time pretending not to comprend what the hell is going on! You then pretend you haven't done anything! And you call me lamentable.

The trouble with arguing with morons is they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! You can reply if you want but I really can't be bothered responding and being beaten by your experience. You have no idea what you have done or worse you know exactly what you have done and enjoy flaming people. I am sure Tampa can't wait for your arrival, thats all they need, an Aussie know it all who isn't afraid to prove himself wrong.

Patrick
I'm not arguing with you, you are arguing with yourself, as I said the Geodon may help with that. I did not raise the issue of rednecks (who I know nothing about) nor the confederate flag. You need to read the earlier post which mentioned them as though they were correlated with crime. Hence the question on this correlation.

You arrogantly jump in making unfounded accusations and dribbling on. I care nothing for you and your existence is of no consequence to me. You are simply arrogant.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 4:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
I'm not arguing with you, you are arguing with yourself, as I said the Geodon may help with that. I did not raise the issue of rednecks (who I know nothing about) nor the confederate flag. You need to read the earlier post which mentioned them as though they were correlated with crime. Hence the question on this correlation.

You arrogantly jump in making unfounded accusations and dribbling on. I care nothing for you and your existence is of no consequence to me. You are simply arrogant.
The only person who mentioned rednecks and crime is you! The others made the point rednecks existed in Florida. You also made the point that rednecks and the confederated flag where a racial molotof cocktail.

How the hell can you call anyone arrogant, you write one thing and then turn around and deny it. Surely denying what is in black and white (whoops shouldn't say that or you will find some correlation between black and white crime). I am trying to get a straight answer out you to which you will not commit.

You are so arrogant you beleive you can be as pompous as you like and sit on your throne and call those you challenge you arrogant. And the worst thing is you have no idea how pompous and supercilious you sound.

The fact you care nothing of my existence it means you care little about anyones existance apart from your own making you pompous, supercilious, arrogant and self indulgent. The good news for most everyone else care little about you.

I don't usually result in name calling but see this more as truth telling rather than name calling, not that it justifies it, I am not just name calling because I have been called names in your last couple of posts. You pretend you are an intelectual and then resort to calling people names, either stay intelectual and come back with something witty or drop the pretense and come out fighting. This half arsed attempt at both just makes you look ridiculous.

My advise to you, grow up, get a sense of humour and stop taking yourself so seriously, no-one else does so why should you!

Patrick
Old Jun 17th 2003, 10:29 am
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is extremely funny!! My ribs are hurting from laughing so much.

From the original question"Is Florida safe for a holiday" etc it has gone way off track............!!

Its does show however how very different English Humour is from other Countries, and what a Wonderful Humour we have !!!!!

Thanks for the giggle

Debs
Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Taniar is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help!

.......... my original post has now been hijacked by what appears to be several members of the ex pats debating society,

don't us little people count for anything?

I mean how is a person supposed to find out the real facts if you lot are going to squabble among yourselves, it is just like being at my Sons' nursery school ( when the parent committee meets!!!)

Only kidding, go on keep enjoying yourselves, there are loads more subjects for u to squabble, i mean debate about!!!

Taniar
Old Jun 17th 2003, 7:26 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want to see any crime in Florida stay away from Tampa in August or you could see an Aussie get the crap beat out of him!
Old Jun 18th 2003, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Taniar, I told you the only people to watch out for are the "Time Share salespeople". They will wack you with shoddy cheap gifts.

Frank R.
Go for it.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

brisray is an unknown quantity at this point

Taniar, you go to Florida and have a great time.

We've always enjoyed ourselves when we've been there.

Ray
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

julieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!

Originally posted by Taniar
.......... my original post has now been hijacked by what appears to be several members of the ex pats debating society,

don't us little people count for anything?

I mean how is a person supposed to find out the real facts if you lot are going to squabble among yourselves, it is just like being at my Sons' nursery school ( when the parent committee meets!!!)

Only kidding, go on keep enjoying yourselves, there are loads more subjects for u to squabble, i mean debate about!!!

Taniar

Hello Taniar

I live in Florida (Tampa) and I haven't witnessed any crimes or trouble as yet.
I go out walking alone...so I do not feel at all threatened...I actually went out one day and walked into a so called'bad area'of town and my husband was none too happy ...but I don't really care..I feel no more threatened than when in London or in some parts of my native Nottingham.
As for the tourist spots...I would just say use your noggin...pick pockets are rife in the UK too so just be aware.
You should be more worried about the weather!
Most days there are thunderstorms across FL during the summer..and oh yes just got the booklet telling us what to do now hurricane season is here!!
Have fun!
Julie

PS...Actually when I was in San Antonio TX there was a fight in a bar we went to over a woman...they 'took it outside'...when we opened the door to leave there was flashing lights everywhere and we were asked if we saw anything...one guy was on the ground being attended to by a paramedic.
Next morning on the news we found out he had died...pool cue right through him!