Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Credit to USCIS, when credit's due...

Credit to USCIS, when credit's due...

Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

California_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud of
Default Credit to USCIS, when credit's due...

Hey guys,

I thought I'd post my latest dealings with USCIS to give some people a glimmer of hope, in the sense that sometimes the guys and gals at USCIS do work pretty efficiently.

I arrived in the US on my immigration visa back in July 2007. When I recieved my I-551 permanent resident card at the end of August 2007, there was a mistake. Instead of being granted IR1 status, they had issued me a CR1 visa.

I called the 800 number, and they told me I'd need to send the card back, with supporting documentation of my dispute, and an I-90 just for good measure.

I ended up mailing the card off at the beginning of November 2007, expecting at least a 12 month wait for a new card. Lo and behold, what did I recieve this past week in the mail? My new replacement card! at the most, it took six weeks, from mailing the old card off, to recieving the new card. This was processed through the Texas Service Center.

If anyone is curious of the details, I'd be glad to divulge. I've kept this post light on the details on purpose, so anyone who was curious of the post didn't have to wade through too much of my diatribe.

Thanks for reading, and happy holidays to you all!

C_B
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:35 pm

Lord Knows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Credit to USCIS, when credit's due...

Originally Posted by California_Bound
Hey guys,

I thought I'd post my latest dealings with USCIS to give some people a glimmer of hope, in the sense that sometimes the guys and gals at USCIS do work pretty efficiently.
I arrived in the US on my immigration visa back in July 2007. When I recieved my I-551 permanent resident card at the end of August 2007, there was a mistake. Instead of being granted IR1 status, they had issued me a CR1 visa.

I called the 800 number, and they told me I'd need to send the card back, with supporting documentation of my dispute, and an I-90 just for good measure.

I ended up mailing the card off at the beginning of November 2007, expecting at least a 12 month wait for a new card. Lo and behold, what did I recieve this past week in the mail? My new replacement card! at the most, it took six weeks, from mailing the old card off, to recieving the new card. This was processed through the Texas Service Center.

If anyone is curious of the details, I'd be glad to divulge. I've kept this post light on the details on purpose, so anyone who was curious of the post didn't have to wade through too much of my diatribe.

Thanks for reading, and happy holidays to you all!

C_B

Walking a thin line here mate, trying to pass over something American as efficient to to this gob is likely to get a boot or two up your arse.