British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Crazy US Mum. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/crazy-us-mum-350332/)

mandpete Jan 24th 2006 12:18 am

Crazy US Mum.

My daughter was 9 over the weekend and she invited 2 of her friends to a sleepover. Another one of her friends rang her and my daughter had a nice, friendly conversation with her.

Two minutes later the phone rang again and my daughter answered it. I could hear a woman screeching down the phone at my daughter. With tears in her eyes my daughter handed me the phone and said it was her other friend's Mum. She told me how rude my daughter had been on the phone and that she was extremely upset that her daughter had not been invited to my daughter's sleepover. I told her I had been in the same room as my daughter during the phone calls and no way was my daughter rude with anybody. I thanked her for upsetting my daughter on her birthday and put the phone down.

Within 2 minutes my daughter forgot about it and went on to have a great birthday sleepover.

My daughter and the other girl were best of friends again by yesterday afternoon which cannot be said for me and the crazy bitch up the road.

I was and still am completely gobsmacked.

BigDavyG Jan 24th 2006 12:33 am

Re: Crazy US Mum.

Originally Posted by mandpete
My daughter was 9 over the weekend and she invited 2 of her friends to a sleepover. Another one of her friends rang her and my daughter had a nice, friendly conversation with her.

Two minutes later the phone rang again and my daughter answered it. I could hear a woman screeching down the phone at my daughter. With tears in her eyes my daughter handed me the phone and said it was her other friend's Mum. She told me how rude my daughter had been on the phone and that she was extremely upset that her daughter had not been invited to my daughter's sleepover. I told her I had been in the same room as my daughter during the phone calls and no way was my daughter rude with anybody. I thanked her for upsetting my daughter on her birthday and put the phone down.

Within 2 minutes my daughter forgot about it and went on to have a great birthday sleepover.

My daughter and the other girl were best of friends again by yesterday afternoon which cannot be said for me and the crazy bitch up the road.

There is only one way you can possibly resolve this situation...

...shoot her in the face :)

Patrick Jan 24th 2006 12:44 am

Americans are not frieghtened to give you shit for no reason, it is beyond comprehension.

NC Penguin and I had breakfast in Cracker Barrel on Saturday and I was stood in the queue waiting to pay and this fat ugly woman joined the queue, to side of me rather than behind. When the person in front finished I handed over the bill and the cash when the woman started having a go at me, saying she was in front of me, that she was next and that I jumped the line. I just looked at her as I could not beleive it, I politely told her I had been here the whole time, but she kept on, finally the lady behind the counter told the woman I had been there the whole time, the woman carried on slightly until she realised what she had said and that she was wrong to accuse me.

The fact she would not let it go that she was in front of me (when she was not) was unbeleivable. In truth the Bill was 19.80 and I gave the woman $20 so the transaction would have taken less time if she had not caused a cafuffle!

Just to put any rumours to rest, me and NC penguin have lunch or breakfast to catch up when I have to go to Raleigh Durham Airport to pick up people.

Celtic_Angel Jan 24th 2006 12:56 am

Originally Posted by mandpete

for a grown woman to have a go at a child is absolutely amazing :eek: :mad:

Sounds like you held the situation very calmly and maturely , which can be more than is said for that idiot.... :rolleyes:

Celtic_Angel Jan 24th 2006 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Patrick
Americans are not frieghtened to give you shit for no reason, it is beyond comprehension.

I think that might be a slight generalisation :p :D

BigDavyG Jan 24th 2006 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

And they're all fat, gun happy lunatics too ;)

cindyabs Jan 24th 2006 1:11 am

Don't mind me, I am off for aggression therapy, weight loss, attending an anti gun forum and just a general sanity reevaluation :rolleyes:

Partystar Jan 24th 2006 1:13 am

I know I've already told a few people on this board about this, but I feel I should share it with everyone else!

On Friday night I was at the Suns/Lakers (we won!!!). After the game, I went to use the loo & of course there was a huge queue, so I joined the end, which was so long that it had wrapped around the bend! I had been standing there for a minute or so when 2 girls walked through the other entrance & stood on the other side of the bend in the queue (right next to me)!

It was easy to see that there was one line, but for some reason (rudeness!) they thought they could cut in, I of course being a Brit had other ideas!!! The queue moved on a little & the girls tried to cut right in front of me, I said, "The end of the queue is over there" & pointed towards the end of the line. The girl said, "What?", I remembered that some people don't understand the word 'queue' here, so I said, "The end of the line is over there".

The girl replied something along the lines of, "Yeah & there are 2 entrances". I laughed & said, "I don't think so" & walked in front of them. I'm so pissed off at this point & shocked that no one else had the guts to say anything to the bitches! Then I hear the 2 girls resume their chatting, one girl says, "Ohhh, my God, Ohhh my God, Ohhh my Goddddd" & so I listen a little closer.

She says, "I can't believe that, I just can't believe that, I just can not believe that". Right now I'm thinking, is she talking about me? Cuz she knows I can hear her & I ain't like most girls, I'm not afraid of a little confrontation! I could've taken them scrawny bitches all on my lonesome! In the middle of my thoughts, the other girl pipes up, "Yeah, I told him I didn't care what he thought, I wasn't gonna to go with him...blah blah blah"

I guess they had just carried on chatting where they left off, but I was all ready for a slagging match!!! I was all riled up & ready for some action! Shame. :mad:

AmerLisa Jan 24th 2006 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Patrick

Just to put any rumours to rest, me and NC penguin have lunch or breakfast to catch up when I have to go to Raleigh Durham Airport to pick up people.

Yeah I was wondering.....but you know us crazy Americans, we'll get things a$$backwards given half a chance. ;) :D

AmerLisa Jan 24th 2006 1:15 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Don't mind me, I am off for aggression therapy, weight loss, attending an anti gun forum and just a general sanity reevaluation :rolleyes:

I'll join you. :)

gruffbrown Jan 24th 2006 1:23 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs

This forum isn't good for you Cind..:D

Glasgowgirl Jan 24th 2006 1:25 am

Hmmm, know I'm still a newbie to the US but I still find a significantly less number of people wanting to pick a fight with you here than back home in Glasgow! :D

Patrick Jan 24th 2006 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel

Yes, I'm sorry, some will give you shit for a reason as well!

Partystar Jan 24th 2006 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
Hmmm, know I'm still a newbie to the US but I still find a significantly less number of people wanting to pick a fight with you here than back home in Glasgow! :D

I agree, it's the same back home in England, but I have a better chance there, knowing they probably don't have a gun!

AdobePinon Jan 24th 2006 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl

Which is probably why the remaining few think they can get away with anything. One of these days I'm going to get banned from the local Alberstons for my enforcement actions in the self check-out queues. ;)