Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Crackers of the cream type or variety thereof!

Crackers of the cream type or variety thereof!

Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Crackers of the cream type or variety thereof!

Ok not wanting to whine, but having read the shopping thread kind of made me do it lol!

Sooo I miss unsweet bread and crackers, you know the good ole plain white bread or plain crackers. I know I can get Jacob's at World Market, but I'd like to discover US brands if they exist that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Are they out there? Bread, I doubt somehow 'cause TraceyM (who hasn't yet become famous for her domestic goddess traits - teasing ya girl ) resorted to baking her own, but how about crackers? I've bought several varietys but all, even the wholeweat ones have an underlying sweetness and are teeny weeny?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crackers of the cream type or variety thereof!

Cheaper bread that's good, Trader Joes.

They also do rather nice savoury crackers.

Carr's Table water crackers are pretty good too.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:13 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Carr's Table water crackers are pretty good too.
Probably the closest thing you'll find!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:34 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Probably the closest thing you'll find!
Yup, carrs are good, and maybe try the Wasa thingies, the crispbreads, they are really good...and good for you.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:42 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I get these from my local giant supermarket.
http://www.amazon.com/Wellington-Tra.../dp/B000HDKZEQ
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:05 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Ok not wanting to whine, but having read the shopping thread kind of made me do it lol!

Sooo I miss unsweet bread and crackers, you know the good ole plain white bread or plain crackers. I know I can get Jacob's at World Market, but I'd like to discover US brands if they exist that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Are they out there? Bread, I doubt somehow 'cause TraceyM (who hasn't yet become famous for her domestic goddess traits - teasing ya girl ) resorted to baking her own, but how about crackers? I've bought several varietys but all, even the wholeweat ones have an underlying sweetness and are teeny weeny?
She is a domestic goddess!!

Anyway I buy crackers in Safeway, they are the Safeway select variety and can be plain, with seeds or wholemeal, I find they are really good! maybe I have a sweet tooth!

But if not, go for the carrs, just like water biscuits!!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:21 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Triscuits. I can eat a box of those things, Family Size, in one sitting. And I'm talking about the original ones, not the low sodium or low fat crap.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:11 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I love Triscuits. I can eat a box of those things, Family Size, in one sitting. And I'm talking about the original ones, not the low sodium or low fat crap.
Sadly I am the same just can't put the damn things down.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:27 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

My weakness is the small pretzels, normally not a problem as we'd only get them at Christmas in the UK but now I can buy a pound bag of the Rold Gold ones, I think it's the salt I like. But they don't last more than two days.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My weakness is the small pretzels, normally not a problem as we'd only get them at Christmas in the UK but now I can buy a pound bag of the Rold Gold ones, I think it's the salt I like. But they don't last more than two days.
i like the hotwing shards....those things are deadly on the health front, but the hit is sooo worth it
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm completely in love with cream crackers. We brought home a couple of packs when we went over at Christmas. Sainsbury had them for just 29p a package, cheap and cheerful! Unfortunately, DH is over there again right now (his mum passed away last week) anyways, he just informed me that he picked up 5 of the double long packages of Jacob's crackers. Yummmmm...
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:24 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by Bob
i like the hotwing shards....those things are deadly on the health front, but the hit is sooo worth it

Had a look for them but couldn't find them?

Edit:

Changed my search to Hot Wing Pretzels, DROOL!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Zap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to allZap-Robo is a name known to all

I've started eating "Italian Bread" which is copiously supplied here - it's much more savoury than the regular sweetened stuff.

Was never a Cream cracker fan anyhow - always water biscuits or Ritz, which are easy enough to grab off the shelf!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:57 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi

Trader Joe's in Va Beach carry Irish Bangers (bit greasy but not bad cold). In Williamsburg, the super Wallmart and Fresh Market both have a "boule" type bread which is basically a plain bread. Its quite authentic without trying to be. I'll find out exactly what and where if you want to make the trip.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Had a look for them but couldn't find them?

Edit:

Changed my search to Hot Wing Pretzels, DROOL!
http://www.amazon.com/Snyders-Hanove.../dp/B000G7V3BM

those guys...they are amazing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.