Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

CR-1 Clarification

CR-1 Clarification

Old May 26th 2009, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

RavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant future
Default CR-1 Clarification

SCRUBBED!!!!

Last edited by RavenUK; May 26th 2009 at 5:52 pm. Reason: Posted in wrong forum...apologies all
Old May 26th 2009, 5:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR-1 Clarification

Originally Posted by RavenUK
Have posted a while ago but just recapping that im planning to marry my American Gf, yes a USC, and move to the states permanently. Ok so I think ive got the idea of whats involved with the K-1 route, where you do a lot of the documentation before you get married. Is the CR-1 an option where we just apply for a local marriage license, get married then I come back and apply from the UK, or am I thinking wrong here? Please can someone clarify a little better for me? Thanks
I believe.......... (someone will tell me if I am wrong)

after you've got the K-1 visa, and got married, you'll become a CR-1 holder

this is a conditional permanent residency.

once you've been married for 2 years you can apply to remove the conditions, becoming an IR-1
Old May 26th 2009, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

RavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant futureRavenUK has a brilliant future

Hmmmm... so is there an option to get married THEN come back to the UK to process the application?
Old May 26th 2009, 5:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RavenUK
Hmmmm... so is there an option to get married THEN come back to the UK to process the application?
yes, that's a K-3 visa.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:55 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I believe.......... (someone will tell me if I am wrong)

after you've got the K-1 visa, and got married, you'll become a CR-1 holder

this is a conditional permanent residency.

once you've been married for 2 years you can apply to remove the conditions, becoming an IR-1
Dear Manc......... may I correct you CR1 is a visa, not a status.

FWIW, getting hitched and filing for a spousal IMMIGRANT visa (*NOT* k3...) is infinitely preferable to filing for a fiance visa and then filing for adjustment of status.

Just as long as nobody mentions the VWP Express........... 10-foot-pole...
Old May 26th 2009, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Elvira
Dear Manc......... may I correct you CR1 is a visa, not a status.

FWIW, getting hitched and filing for a spousal IMMIGRANT visa (*NOT* k3...) is infinitely preferable to filing for a fiance visa and then filing for adjustment of status.

Just as long as nobody mentions the VWP Express........... 10-foot-pole...
Ok so that confused me. Haha VWP Express? And does that mean the K3 is the spousal visa?