Reload this Page >

COVID - US views on bounce back

COVID - US views on bounce back

Old Apr 21st 2020, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Rhysdavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COVID - US views on bounce back

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Has it definitely been cancelled? Your posts above say recruitment has been frozen, but are you sure that includes transfers too?

If it's of any hope at all, my husband's company have also postponed pay rises this year and frozen recruitment, but he's today been made a formal offer to transfer to Boston despite all of that (and Trump's latest tweet!). So unless you've been told it's absolutely not going to happen at all, don't give up, the company may still need you over there. It may not happen as soon as you were hoping for, but fingers crossed you can still make the move at some point.

Best of luck.
Hey
Thanks for the message.
As you can probably tell my responses are more disappointment and reflection on how this has played out.
It was left with the US firm as “let’s stay connected until this fixes itself”
As an international transfer I just don’t see any fix until mid next year, that’s a long time away
Old Apr 21st 2020, 11:57 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't sound like your relocation has been scrapped, they're just being realistic.
I work in international relocations and nobody has any real idea about what is going to happen and how long it's going to take.

eta: I've just listened to today's coronavirus briefing and Trump says they are pausing green cards for 60 days. Not temporary visas so you should be ok.

Last edited by petitefrancaise; Apr 22nd 2020 at 12:16 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Rhysdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Doesn't sound like your relocation has been scrapped, they're just being realistic.
I work in international relocations and nobody has any real idea about what is going to happen and how long it's going to take.

eta: I've just listened to today's coronavirus briefing and Trump says they are pausing green cards for 60 days. Not temporary visas so you should be ok.
That’s good to hear. It will take sometime for the economy to bounce back globally, I will try and remain positive and eagerly await a response from the US firm, personally I think this will be the second quarter of 2021.

thanks for all the advice, I have found this forum to be extremely helpful