Reload this Page >

Covid test re entry 1 day before

Wikiposts

Covid test re entry 1 day before

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

stevie223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid test re entry 1 day before

Hey there, just wandering if anyone has flown back into the US recently. I seen where you need to have a negative covid test max 1 day before departure. My flight is 10am next Saturday but hard to get a covid test where I'm at within a day without going to an airport the day off 7hrs before checking. Could I do a test on a Thursday evening and still be ok?

Thanks
Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid test re entry 1 day before

No, it can't be older than one calendar day before you depart.

Do you realize that you can use a lateral flow test as long as it's proctored (i.e. somebody watches you do it)? There are tests that meet this requirement available to buy in the UK and US and complete at home in 15 mins.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

stevie223 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it had to be a proper test center pcr test. Didn't think a lateral flow would be suffice
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 9:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevie223
I thought it had to be a proper test center pcr test. Didn't think a lateral flow would be suffice
A lateral flow/antigen is fine. Full requirements here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

I’ve used Qured before, they’re very good.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, you can use a rapid test.

Look at the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

You can use a self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:
  • The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) OR the relevant national authority where the test is administered.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm your identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order (see “What information must be included in the test result?” below).
  • Airlines and other aircraft operators must be able to review and confirm your identity and the test result details. You must also be able to present the documentation of test results to U.S. officials at the port of entry and local/state health departments, if requested.
My mum flew into the US at Thanksgiving with a Breathe Assured rapid test and I traveled back to the US last year with a BinaxNOW rapid test bought via emed.com.
Old Feb 2nd 2022, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We had a lateral flow test the day before we flew back, at the test center at the airport, just after new year. The test was at 11.0am and the flight the next day was 7.0am, and we had to change planes at LHR, after 11.0am, but it all went well, and didn't have any problems with the timing of the test. It only took a max 2hrs to get the results back.
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 2:59 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Companies like Qured will send you the lateral flow test via the post... you have to book a video slot beforehand as your test must monitored and a certificate saying this is provided.
I was there at christmas and left it too late to do this at home. :-( So I had a trip to Birmingham airport the night before my flight.
LHR has testing sites at the terminal so that may be an option? Do the drive through test at the airport, drop off the car ( or be dropped off) and then your test result with certificate should be with you in about 30 minutes
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 4:15 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

I flew back from Heathrow last week.
Stayed in the Hilton at terminal 2 night before the flight.
Booked a test at 5:30 pm for 1 hour later.
Walked over to the test center in the terminal 6:30 pm.
Was out by 6:35

Results in 30 mins.

I think it was 35 ukp
Old Feb 3rd 2022, 4:47 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
I flew back from Heathrow last week.
Stayed in the Hilton at terminal 2 night before the flight.
Booked a test at 5:30 pm for 1 hour later.
Walked over to the test center in the terminal 6:30 pm.
Was out by 6:35

Results in 30 mins.

I think it was 35 ukp
For those who would rather spend the night before the flight in London, rather than LHR, there are similar testing sites in London. For instance, there’s one in Paddington Station, probably sited there because it’s where the Heathrow Express goes from.