British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/covid-19-travel-immigration-usa-please-check-here-ask-questions-932378/)

karenkaren1 May 4th 2021 12:14 am

Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Originally Posted by destone (Post 13002039)
Accarano & Karenkaren1 -- Since (3 March 2021) the Biden administration narrowed down who qualifies for NIE I don't have confidence that you will be able to secure an NIE on your own as L2 without the L1 traveling with you. You have nothing to lose to try though. If you get denied, you can travel back via Mexico. As for the L1 holder what seems to matter now is the industry and not the seniority (i.e. job creation).

Hmm thanks

gregus May 22nd 2021 5:05 pm

hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered. Have tried to search through this pretty long thread. I am a UK Citizen and US LPR (just renewed my green card for another 10 years) Living in California. My husband is a UK Citizen and we haven't seen each other in over a year now. He has a flight booked for June 10th and from what we can see he should be exempt from the Presidential Proclamation. He has a copy of my green card and passport, a copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of our property taxes which show both names. We believe his ESTA is still valid. Has anyone else been though this? Does anyone know if the documents listed will be sufficient for him to gain entry into the US? He has been fully vaccinated at this point.

Any advise very gratefully received.

many thanks.

destone May 24th 2021 3:21 am

Originally Posted by gregus (Post 13009282)
hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered. Have tried to search through this pretty long thread. I am a UK Citizen and US LPR (just renewed my green card for another 10 years) Living in California. My husband is a UK Citizen and we haven't seen each other in over a year now. He has a flight booked for June 10th and from what we can see he should be exempt from the Presidential Proclamation. He has a copy of my green card and passport, a copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of our property taxes which show both names. We believe his ESTA is still valid. Has anyone else been though this? Does anyone know if the documents listed will be sufficient for him to gain entry into the US? He has been fully vaccinated at this point.

many thanks.

That’s all you need. Avoid checking in online. Safe travels!

Tino May 24th 2021 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by destone (Post 13009786)

What is the reason not to check in online?

tht May 24th 2021 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by gregus (Post 13009282)
hi all,

many thanks.

It has been more than 10 years since I used ESTA / VW, did they take away the online function to check if it’s still valid? You had to go there to update the address you were visiting and make any other changes where required.

If still available that would probably be the best place to check it’s valid, and probably bette than guessing considering the cost of all the tests etc.

Boiler May 24th 2021 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tino (Post 13010117)
What is the reason not to check in online?

Your ESTA will be revoked.

gregus May 25th 2021 3:00 am

Originally Posted by destone (Post 13009786)

Thank you very much!

Tino May 26th 2021 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 13010125)
Your ESTA will be revoked.

If travelling on an L1 Visa, I guess this is not an issue?

Boiler May 26th 2021 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tino (Post 13010711)
If travelling on an L1 Visa, I guess this is not an issue?

I would be inclined to give it a miss and avoid possible issues. Bo not know for certain.