Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Originally Posted by hutchison
we plan the same in DEC 16-31.
I (we) do not have a valid visa stamp (no interviews etc) So we plan to use our I-797A approvals and I-94 record., plus the out of date visa!.
we also have a US baby with US passport. (sounds like we stole it )

will you be allowed entry to the US without a valid visa?
Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

as far as I understand as the parent or guardian of US citizen we can. But this may only be in Esta capacity, I need to take this up in another thread.

Last edited by hutchison; Oct 7th 2021 at 9:36 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 11:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hutchison
as far as I understand as the parent or guardian of US citizen we can. But this may only be in Esta capacity, I need to take this up in another thread.
I see Mr F has replied on the other thread that having a US citizen child does not automatically give parents entry to the US without the appropriate paperwork.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 8th 2021 at 12:10 am.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
A USC could be UK resident. Maybe a US driving lisence, lease/Mortgage statement, utility bill, tax return etc would be acceptable.
I’m trying this myself next week when I do a week-long trip to London from Los Angeles but chances are that only the airline desk clerk will check and I’ll get the e-gates at LHR (i.e. no officer there to check).

That said, I suppose that the airline clerk will automatically assume that I’m a U.S. resident by virtue of showing my CDC card and the fact that I am on U.S. soil at the time. Bank statements etc. would not fly in the U.S. due to privacy concerns etc.
Old Oct 8th 2021, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
I’m trying this myself next week when I do a week-long trip to London from Los Angeles but chances are that only the airline desk clerk will check and I’ll get the e-gates at LHR (i.e. no officer there to check).
Please let us know. I'm sure it's a big non-issue but curious they put that into the requirements.
Old Oct 12th 2021, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I see Mr F has replied on the other thread that having a US citizen child does not automatically give parents entry to the US without the appropriate paperwork.
I have done two return trips back to US this summer and birth certificate was enough for the first trip (although we also took copy of marriage certificate).

We inexplicably forgot to take the birth certificate on the second trip and only remembered once at the gate. After several worrying minutes, we were allowed to board as they were able to call some department and confirm our entry eligibility. We were never asked for it entering the US.

Both times we had to go through the secondary border control check area although never asked any questions or for other documents.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone

That said, I suppose that the airline clerk will automatically assume that I’m a U.S. resident by virtue of showing my CDC card and the fact that I am on U.S. soil at the time. Bank statements etc. would not fly in the U.S. due to privacy concerns etc.
Did you have any issues proving US residency for the purposes of UK travel vaccination requirements?
Old Nov 19th 2021, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by postbox134
Did you have any issues proving US residency for the purposes of UK travel vaccination requirements?
They've updated the gov.uk site now with the following:

CDC card showing you’ve had a full course of an FDA-approved vaccine in the USA plus proof that you are a resident of the USA.

From 22 November Proof of US residence will no longer required.

As well as the CDC card, you will be able to use these proofs of vaccination:
- California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record
- New York State Excelsior Pass Plus
- Washington State WA Verify Pass

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countrie...of-vaccination
Old Nov 19th 2021, 5:18 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

How would I go about all this as I have dual citizenship. I had all my vaccinations here in the Uk. Going for a month at Xmas with my partner who is British. I know that I have to use my British passport leaving the UK, then checking in to the USA with my American passport then vica versa going back. So is it ok to use my NHS vaccine pass or will they question it. I know you have to take a test 3 days before you leave the UK do you have to take one when you get to the USA. I am getting all stressed out over this as I don’t know what I am doing. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
How would I go about all this as I have dual citizenship. I had all my vaccinations here in the Uk. Going for a month at Xmas with my partner who is British. I know that I have to use my British passport leaving the UK, then checking in to the USA with my American passport then vica versa going back. So is it ok to use my NHS vaccine pass or will they question it. I know you have to take a test 3 days before you leave the UK do you have to take one when you get to the USA. I am getting all stressed out over this as I don’t know what I am doing. Thanks in advance.
Heading to the US: You need a lateral flow (antigen) or PCR test in the 3 days before your flight - that has to be done or supervised by someone to sign off (no free home tests). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html
(as a US Citizen, you don't need to be vaccinated by your British partner will)

To prove vaccination, you will need the NHS app https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html

Heading back to the UK: You will need to book a day 2 lateral flow or PCR test before travel and fill out a passenger location form with the booking code. Once in the UK, you need to take that test on day 1 or 2 after you arrive.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...lly-vaccinated

You prove vaccination again with the NHS app

Hope that helps, in short one test before leaving and one test shortly after returning to the UK. Make sure you fill out the locator form and have your NHS apps setup.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

there must be an alternative way of proving vaccination.... My US iPhone App Store doesn't even recognize that there is an NHS app, and when I downloaded it on my UK phone, there is no way of adding US administered vaccine card and it also said I need to be registered to UK GP (im not as I live in the US). I haven't been back since before the pandemic so this is new territory for me, going back for xmas hopefully ....
Old Nov 20th 2021, 6:28 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
there must be an alternative way of proving vaccination.... My US iPhone App Store doesn't even recognize that there is an NHS app, and when I downloaded it on my UK phone, there is no way of adding US administered vaccine card and it also said I need to be registered to UK GP (im not as I live in the US). I haven't been back since before the pandemic so this is new territory for me, going back for xmas hopefully ....
Can’t you print out the NHS information? US authorities are used to looking at a card, the CDC record of vaccination. They don’t want to be looking at your phone.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
if you live in the US then when going to the Uk th airline will verify your vaccine status ( CDC card) to get on the flight. Airline will do the same when leaving the UK before going back to the US. No NHS app or data required.
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Heading to the US: You need a lateral flow (antigen) or PCR test in the 3 days before your flight - that has to be done or supervised by someone to sign off (no free home tests). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html
(as a US Citizen, you don't need to be vaccinated by your British partner will)

To prove vaccination, you will need the NHS app https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ccination.html

Heading back to the UK: You will need to book a day 2 lateral flow or PCR test before travel and fill out a passenger location form with the booking code. Once in the UK, you need to take that test on day 1 or 2 after you arrive.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...lly-vaccinated

Hope that helps, in short one test before leaving and one test shortly after returning to the UK. Make sure you fill out the locator form and have your NHS apps setup.
Originally Posted by Mercury39
if you live in the US then when going to the Uk th airline will verify your vaccine status ( CDC card) to get on the flight. Airline will do the same when leaving the UK before going back to the US. No NHS app or data required.
thank goodness for that. thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2021, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mercury39
Yep I was talking about the specific example above, for other vaccination schemes the proof varies (card, app etc.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.