Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Old Sep 14th 2020, 10:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Originally Posted by andyrebell
The next steps are self explanatory. The borders will remain closed until the vaccine hits the general public no matter who is in the white house. I would say that was pretty obvious. When they reopen the borders they will want some kind of proof of vaccination to admit the traveller?. I don't know how you would show that. I have never in my life been asked to show proof of vaccination. Though I have never travelled to a country that needed it to be fair. And medical records are protected in UK by European GDPR and the doctor patients rules. I doubt they will simply take your word for it.
Proof of vaccination for entry isn't unheard of, many countries do it. You don't need medical records, you just need a vaccination certificate. But as said above, this isn't the place for your random musings, this is a thread for up to date info. Please do keep your theories to The Trailer Park, thx.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 12:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Proof of vaccination for entry isn't unheard of, many countries do it. You don't need medical records, you just need a vaccination certificate. But as said above, this isn't the place for your random musings, this is a thread for up to date info. Please do keep your theories to The Trailer Park, thx.
True. I go to my local pharmacy (rural New York State, this is) for a flu shot each fall. The paperwork they give me as part of the transaction include a piece of paper that gives a technical, detailed description of the vaccine used, my name and address, time & date etc. I imagine this is pretty standard for all vaccinations.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 2:05 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I will start a new thread to discuss this then in that section.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

jammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond repute

So, to clarify, does today's update change anything regarding UK citizens entering the US on ESTAs again?
Old Sep 15th 2020, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jammiie
So, to clarify, does today's update change anything regarding UK citizens entering the US on ESTAs again?
No*

*the impact is anyone that was already eligible to travel can arrive at any airport, not just the previously mandated 15 airports.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 5:17 am
Just Joined

bylee1216 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all!

I've done some more digging and came across some helpful info (hopefully helpful to some).
  • So yes that CBP document is to only lift restrictions for those who are eligible to travel to arrive at any US airport rather than the previous 15 airports where health screenings were more strict.
  • The presidential proclamation is still in effect barring some citizens of certain countries from traveling to the US if they were there for the previous 14 days.
Someone did post here a answer to my original question about my girlfriend (UK citizen) being able to travel to the US from Dubai and I'll have supporting facts from the actual ESTA website.
  • Yes she is able to travel to the US with her ESTA if she was outside the UK for 14+ days. However from Dubai to San Francisco, its either a connecting flight from ICN in Korea or LHR. She cannot have a connecting flight in the UK/Schengen area as she'll be considered as "physically present" in that country despite it being a transit.

Does the restriction also apply to passengers who transited through United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland, but did not enter it?

Yes. The Proclamation applies to all travelers, except for those who are exempt, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland or the Schengen Area within 14 days of travel to the United States. Physical presence includes transiting through the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland.

I initially intended to travel into/through the United States and was prohibited from doing so due to the 212(f) Proclamations and my ESTA was cancelled. I have now been outside of the countries identified in the 212(f) Proclamations (United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), the Republic of Ireland, the Schengen Zone, Iran, or China) for at least 14 days, what do I do next?

Travelers whose ESTAs were canceled solely because of the Proclamations, and who are no longer subject to the current 212(f) Proclamations (meaning they have been outside one of the designated areas for more than 14-days preceding their travel to the United States or are otherwise exempt), may apply for a new ESTA and seek to enter or transit through the United States.

What if I am a British Citizen (GBR) and/or an Irish passport holder with a valid ESTA but I have not been present in a Schengen country within 14 days of my travel to the United States?

Travelers are now subject to the March 14, 2020 Proclamation if they were physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry to the United States. This prohibition necessarily includes direct travel from, and transit through, the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within the 14 day period. If you have not been in the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding entry, and you are not departing from or transiting through the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during your travel to the United States, then you are not subject to the March 14, 2020 Proclamation. However, you may be subject to Proclamation 9993 applicable to the Schengen Area if you have been physically present in the Schengen Area within 14 days of travel to the United States.

Directly from the CBP/DHS/ESTA website.

Old Sep 16th 2020, 10:46 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1268...l-corridor-us/

According to the sun statements made by Virgin Atlantic's COO seem to imply that New York is being considered as the first so called "air bridge with USA". Make of that statement by Virgin what you will but according to the telegraph discussions are going on at a very senior level. We shall see.

Last edited by andyrebell; Sep 16th 2020 at 11:26 am.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 3:58 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1268...l-corridor-us/

According to the sun statements made by Virgin Atlantic's COO seem to imply that New York is being considered as the first so called "air bridge with USA". Make of that statement by Virgin what you will but according to the telegraph discussions are going on at a very senior level. We shall see.
Please can you restrict your utter nonsense to one thread? This thread was supposed to be a place where people who needed good solid reliable information could come and get it. Nobody wants to see your regurgitated tripe about what might happen.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 2:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Please can you restrict your utter nonsense to one thread? This thread was supposed to be a place where people who needed good solid reliable information could come and get it. Nobody wants to see your regurgitated tripe about what might happen.
+1.

I'm looking for actual info, not gossip.
Old Sep 17th 2020, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
+1.

I'm looking for actual info, not gossip.

He has now left the room.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen any updates in regard to K1 visas. I know some filers have a lawsuit going against the State department I could not afford the $1000 fee to join
Old Jan 12th 2021, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

brocioli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. New to this forum, seems like you are a very helpful bunch so wondering if anyone has written to the US embassy recently and successfully requested a "national interest exception" to enter the US right now? Here's my situation:

I'm British but currently living and working in the US on an O1-B visa. I work full-time for a company in New York that are the sponsor of my O1.

I had to travel back to UK over the Christmas break for family/personal reasons, and I am presently in UK (on first arrival in UK I quarantined alone for 14 days before seeing anyone).
I now have to return to NYC for my job and according to Presidential Proclamation 9666, the O1 visa is also not allowed entry into US right now! I need to write to the US embassy and "request a National Interest consideration", and then hope that they are able to grant that to me.

So my questions are:
a) has anyone successfully requested this recently? and
b) if yes, is there anything specific you need to write in your request / any tips for success?
c) did you encounter any difficulties on arrival in US airport with the border control officers, despite you having been granted the National Interest waiver?
d) any general info on the process you experienced would be great to hear

Any and all help is appreciated!
Old Jan 12th 2021, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

jammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brocioli
Hi all. New to this forum, seems like you are a very helpful bunch so wondering if anyone has written to the US embassy recently and successfully requested a "national interest exception" to enter the US right now? Here's my situation:

I'm British but currently living and working in the US on an O1-B visa. I work full-time for a company in New York that are the sponsor of my O1.

I had to travel back to UK over the Christmas break for family/personal reasons, and I am presently in UK (on first arrival in UK I quarantined alone for 14 days before seeing anyone).
I now have to return to NYC for my job and according to Presidential Proclamation 9666, the O1 visa is also not allowed entry into US right now! I need to write to the US embassy and "request a National Interest consideration", and then hope that they are able to grant that to me.

So my questions are:
b) if yes, is there anything specific you need to write in your request / any tips for success?
c) did you encounter any difficulties on arrival in US airport with the border control officers, despite you having been granted the National Interest waiver?

I don't know about the exemption so I can't help there but worst-case scenario you could go elsewhere for two weeks and then enter the US from there.

Did you not check if you'd be allowed back in before you left?
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:07 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brocioli

So my questions are:

How do you aid the US national interest? Asking for others who have been approved won’t help you much if your role is not considered to fall in to that. e.g. vaccine development, it seems like you are in motion pictures and television?
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would seek advice from your Company Lawyer as they are the ones who will be most familiar with your situation.

I know someone on a L1 but with a US Spouse who recently travelled back now he had to show his marriage Certificate on check in and also arrival, had a quick trip to Secondary. I would expect the same with a NIW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.