Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 test, locator form.

Covid 19 test, locator form.

Old Nov 28th 2021, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

stevie223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid 19 test, locator form.

I'm flying back to Northern Ireland on Saturday via Dublin Airport and then driving up. Wondering if anyone has flown to dublin recently and then went to wherever in the UK after that. I know about the day 2 test for the UK, Ireland right now doesn't require a test other than the locator form. Do I need to fill out a UK and Irish locator form? It's hard to find an answer.

Thanks.
Steven
Old Nov 29th 2021, 6:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 test, locator form.

Yes, you do need to fill out a UK locator form - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...he-isle-of-man

And don’t forget your day 2 test now has to be a PCR as you’re arriving after the rule change.

HTH.
Old Nov 29th 2021, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

And you need to self isolate until your PCR test returns negative - this can be taken at any point after arrival but must be before the end of Day Two. Day of arrival counts as Day 0. I think you should be able to book a test at the airport for your arrival and likely have the results within the day.
Old Nov 29th 2021, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had to pay quite a lot more money to change our Day 2 tests from at home Lateral Flow to in airport PCR due to the new isolation requirement...
Old Dec 1st 2021, 1:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevie223 View Post
I'm flying back to Northern Ireland on Saturday via Dublin Airport and then driving up. Wondering if anyone has flown to dublin recently and then went to wherever in the UK after that. I know about the day 2 test for the UK, Ireland right now doesn't require a test other than the locator form. Do I need to fill out a UK and Irish locator form? It's hard to find an answer.

Thanks.
Steven

And you need to do one for Ireland as well. I flew into Dublin from the US last August, and they asked me for one even though I was just transferring.