Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covering over pools?

Wikiposts

Covering over pools?

Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Default Covering over pools?

Hi All,

Sorry but a silly question coming up. What is the mesh covering, that goes from the floor, over the garden/pool to the house called? The purpose is for keeping off leaves, midges etc I believe. What is the name of the company who suppiles/makes these?

Thanks

Marlo
Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:32 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering over pools?

Originally Posted by Marlo
Hi All,
Sorry but a silly question coming up. What is the mesh covering, that goes from the floor, over the garden/pool to the house called? The purpose is for keeping off leaves, midges etc I believe. What is the name of the company who suppiles/makes these?
Screening.
Screening materials are typically fiberglass or aluminum, in either silver or charcoal colors. There are other options for screening, including a UV option, heavy-duty pet screen, or very fine weave "no-see-um" screening to keep out the tiniest of bugs.

Look in you yellow pages for screening companies or most DIY stores...
Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Covering over pools?

Originally Posted by Ray
Screening.
Screening materials are typically fiberglass or aluminum, in either silver or charcoal colors. There are other options for screening, including a UV option, heavy-duty pet screen, or very fine weave "no-see-um" screening to keep out the tiniest of bugs.

Look in you yellow pages for screening companies or most DIY stores...
Thanks very much Ray, I'll look it up.

I noticed you have given up smoking, I'm a non-smoker myself and can't tell you when the craving stops but like alcoholics ex-smokers take one day at a time. Other half used to smoke and has given up for 13 years now, hates smoking would you believe? Anyway, good on you for giving up, you will feel healthier as time goes on and I bet you smell a whole lot better already.

Thanks again for your help
Marlo