Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Wikiposts

Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Apparently as the host of the NBC News show Couric will only get about 6 minutes of airtime in between outside reports. So makes you wonder if she will insist on less outside reports and more time on air herself, interviewing etc. I heard Larry King speculate that would probably be the case.

Meredith Vierra is a stroke of genius in the shows part. I think she is a great choice.

In truth, who cares if you are being paid $40 million, 6 minutes versus 15 minutes, just sit back and smile, she has already made a name for herself

But of course, if you are a serious journalist, then air time and story time does count

But me, enjoy the 6 minutes, do a FAB job, and collect the money, I also agree Meredith Vierra is a good choice, the woman has alot of personality and thoroughly enjoyed her on The View (Thank God they didnt pick Star Jones) :scared:
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
In truth, who cares if you are being paid $40 million, 6 minutes versus 15 minutes, just sit back and smile, she has already made a name for herself

But of course, if you are a serious journalist, then air time and story time does count

But me, enjoy the 6 minutes, do a FAB job, and collect the money, I also agree Meredith Vierra is a good choice, the woman has alot of personality and thoroughly enjoyed her on The View (Thank God they didnt pick Star Jones) :scared:

OMG how bad would that have been if Star had got the job. :scared:

I didn't like Meredith at first until Barbara Walters did the 20/20 interview with her and her husband a while back. After seeing that I really admire her now.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:03 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe some of the negetives about Katie ...i think she's great I started watching the Today show a few years back when my youngest was a baby...I still watch it at 7 a.m most mornings for about 1/2 an hour while i enjoy breakfast and a cuppa...Katie is their only saving grace the show is totally boring without her quirkiness...she's the only reason the show ever grabbed my attention....I'll be kinda sad to see her go .....don't blame her though after the first 1/2 hour its all bumf bout time she did some serious reporting. Al roker is an annoying twat though
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG how bad would that have been if Star had got the job. :scared:

I didn't like Meredith at first until Barbara Walters did the 20/20 interview with her and her husband a while back. After seeing that I really admire her now.

I was watching a clip of that interview today, and have to say, had a wee tear in my eye

She is some dame, that Meredith

Back to Star, what a mammoth pain in the butt, and she is still a pain, even though she is half the size

Yeuch, one can only imagine what has happened to all of that excess skin
Maybe they are using it to mend the levvies in New Orleans (giving myself a slap for being so unkind)
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I can't believe some of the negetives about Katie ...i think she's great I started watching the Today show a few years back when my youngest was a baby...I still watch it at 7 a.m most mornings for about 1/2 an hour while i enjoy breakfast and a cuppa...Katie is their only saving grace the show is totally boring without her quirkiness...she's the only reason the show ever grabbed my attention....I'll be kinda sad to see her go .....don't blame her though after the first 1/2 hour its all bumf bout time she did some serious reporting. Al roker is an annoying twat though
Now, now, just 'cos you are a USC you don't have to go all syruppy. She was average, nothing more, nothing less.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I was watching a clip of that interview today, and have to say, had a wee tear in my eye

She is some dame, that Meredith

Back to Star, what a mammoth pain in the butt, and she is still a pain, even though she is half the size

Yeuch, one can only imagine what has happened to all of that excess skin
Maybe they are using it to mend the levvies in New Orleans (giving myself a slap for being so unkind)
After the levies have been repaired I wonder what they are going to use the rest for.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

After the levies have been repaired I wonder what they are going to use the rest for.

Ha ha ha

Now that was just plain mean

Maybe they could erect some large tents with the excess to house the needy

Although, I am having a vision of a rather large tent, with some major bling dangling from it

Have to say, that woman has no taste in the jewelry dept, but a very large heart (again I am just guessing)
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:29 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Now, now, just 'cos you are a USC you don't have to go all syruppy. She was average, nothing more, nothing less.
I love Katie!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ha ha ha

Now that was just plain mean

Maybe they could erect some large tents with the excess to house the needy

Although, I am having a vision of a rather large tent, with some major bling dangling from it

Have to say, that woman has no taste in the jewelry dept, but a very large heart (again I am just guessing)

Aww you mean you don't like that diamond pendant Al bought her as a wedding present?
Old Apr 6th 2006, 2:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
I love Katie!!!!
Guess you'll be tuning into CBS then?
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Aww you mean you don't like that diamond pendant Al bought her as a wedding present?

I suspect they have matching ones, and his is WAAAAAY bigger than hers
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I suspect they have matching ones, and his is WAAAAAY bigger than hers
Have you noticed how she always gets to interview the black celebs? Talk about racist.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Have you noticed how she always gets to interview the black celebs? Talk about racist.

Yeah I know, what is good for the goose, is not so good for the gander

The woman has no personality, even though she is very intellegent, I believe
Sick of the sista/bruvva stuff, just have a lovely chat with whomever

OK, now I shall get my tin hat
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know, what is good for the goose, is not so good for the gander

The woman has no personality, even though she is very intellegent, I believe
Sick of the sista/bruvva stuff, just have a lovely chat with whomever

OK, now I shall get my tin hat
Oprah does all that sista and bruva stuff too though doesnt she. I dont mind it to a point, but it is playing on the fact they haven't lost their roots even though their filthy rich...yeah right! The one thing thats amazing to me when I visit the UK is how little audiences clap and cheer compared to yank TV.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 3:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Oprah does all that sista and bruva stuff too though doesnt she. I dont mind it to a point, but it is playing on the fact they haven't lost their roots even though their filthy rich...yeah right! The one thing thats amazing to me when I visit the UK is how little audiences clap and cheer compared to yank TV.

Lisa I think you're wanted over on Leslie's halo thread - Rush is teaching people how to drink Cognac...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.