Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Wikiposts

Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Couric says to leave NBC for rival CBS

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, she's an annoying cow...can't believe she's one of the highest payers...

I agree bob! Its amazing what the television networks are accepting as talented newspeople these days!

I was amazed at the amount she is being paid! It has been a "non-secret" for so long, she sure got alot of publicity from it!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
ayup Bob, you need a job, give NBC a call and enquire now that you know they have a vacancy.
Hehe...yeah, just re-word my ole resume and I'll be right in there
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I was amazed at the amount she is being paid! It has been a "non-secret" for so long, she sure got alot of publicity from it!
I know...but I was so hoping that it would have fell through or something to make her look even more a plank
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Hehe...yeah, just re-word my ole resume and I'll be right in there
You won't let all that fame and fortune change you, will you Bob?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I have never heard of any of them ....
Neither have I; who are these people? Do I have to watch US TV?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, she's an annoying cow...can't believe she's one of the highest payers...
She's been on the top rated morning news show for 15 years and never once has the today show slipped from #1, so it's not that hard to believe, regardless of how annoying she is. I think it's a good move for CBS, as their news show has been last or almost last in the nightly news ratings for some time. Couric could be the shot in the arm it needs. It's not like CBS is have trouble else where, as the networks shows have it in the #1 spot during the evening hours.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

When she came on I switched channels. mInd you she has increased her salary by $2mill.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You won't let all that fame and fortune change you, will you Bob?
I plan to do just that
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
She's been on the top rated morning news show for 15 years and never once has the today show slipped from #1, so it's not that hard to believe, regardless of how annoying she is. I think it's a good move for CBS, as their news show has been last or almost last in the nightly news ratings for some time. Couric could be the shot in the arm it needs. It's not like CBS is have trouble else where, as the networks shows have it in the #1 spot during the evening hours.
But will she make a difference? I don't think so, she's a shite presenter and her going will make the today show better...CBS just needs better morning tele, some stupid blonde bint won't change much.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I read a few months ago that NBC's Today program had slipped in the ratings and that the show had become more about Couric than world/national news. One event in particular was the Olympics, it said that more airtime was spent on her, than on the events/contestants themselves.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
But will she make a difference? I don't think so, she's a shite presenter and her going will make the today show better...CBS just needs better morning tele, some stupid blonde bint won't change much.
I don't understand where you're coming from Bob. Her show has been #1 for 15 years. It screams of her popularity as a host imo.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:16 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
""Today" show host Katie Couric announced her departure from NBC on Wednesday to join rival CBS, where she was to become the first sole woman anchor of a major U.S. network evening newscast.

Couric told her "Today" audience she was leaving at the end of May after 15 years, longer than any other anchor of the 54-year-old morning show, to join the CBS "Evening News" and "60 Minutes."..."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...DIA-COURIC.xml

So the silly ole slapper has jumped ship for a "serious" position...errr...not really her background is it? not that I care as I don't watch 60 mins, but would be interesting to see how long everyone thinks she'll last...
I'm all cut-up. Not so actually, prefer to watch DS9 over breakfast. The real world is too much in the morning, imho!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:28 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of any of these people either and don't watch any of these shows. Jim Rome does annoy me, he is just so typical of the American aggressive ' in your face' sports show host.
I've only saw ads for his show but that is enough. I've also had the displeasure to see Tom Arnold on a show called 'the best damn sports show ever' or something similar. In my defence I can only say I've saw bits of this show while taping Champions league footie.
Tom Arnold constantly has this guilty look like he feels uncomfortable and is going to be exposed for the talentless ex-shagpiece of Roseanne that he actually is.
On a related theme when I go to the gym there are all these women in LA who use the workout machines whilst reading 'People' or 'Self' magazine, in looking over their shoulders most of the stories are shallow vacuous pieces on the lives and loves of Hollywood stars with glossy 'exclusive' photos. I constantly have to resist the urge of grabbing the magazines away from these people, tearing them to pieces while screaming " WHO GIVES A FU CK!!'

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Apr 6th 2006 at 7:31 am.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=lionheart]On a related theme when I go to the gym there are all these women in LA who use the workout machines whilst reading 'People' or 'Self' magazine, in looking over their shoulders most of the stories are shallow vacuous pieces on the lives and loves of Hollywood stars with glossy 'exclusive' photos. I constantly have to resist the urge of grabbing the magazines away from these people, tearing them to pieces while screaming " WHO GIVES A FU CK!!'[/QUOTE

You expect us to believe you that you just look over their shoulders to take a peek at their magazines and have to resist the urge to grab the magazine. Yeah right.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:53 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I hardly ever watch the program but - based on my limited experience - I cannot find anything objectionable about Katie K. She seems professional enough within the confines of the format of a life breakfast programme.

As for calling her an old slapper, that is uncalled for . She is in her mid-50s and quite well preserved. You young-ones can only hope that the same will be said of you in due course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.