Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

Old May 29th 2009, 2:20 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute
Default could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

am I the only one that is thinking we are having loads of post on I want to move to the states by people who don't stand a hope in hell unless they marry in? we spent 8 years hubby getting jobs, then job freeze, so I know its not easy not impossible but just hard, the point is I could have got a job in about 8 months doing the nursing stuff as ITU qualified but hubby earns more and he wants to work also, so we chased his job and then last year miracle of miracles, his opposite number in the US early retired, and very few people on the planet that do that job which then left his job open in the UK he had a gifted contractor M who didn't need training up on the job but on the management stuff and he sooo didn't want to do it? hubby says M is really good.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could we have a read me, for moving to the USA!

There's the Wiki.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:46 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There's the Wiki.
but people arn't looking! thats my point, we started in 2000 with a good bases, me I had been offered loads of job, but hubby earns more! and it is an uphill mountain to climb, and as I said he has been offer 3 jobs in the US the last 9 years only for number 4 to come to a proper job due to job freazes previously!
Old May 29th 2009, 2:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by made of kent
but people arn't looking! thats my point, we started in 2000 with a good bases, me I had been offered loads of job, but hubby earns more! and it is an uphill mountain to climb, and as I said he has been offer 3 jobs in the US the last 9 years only for number 4 to come to a proper job due to job freazes previously!
Before the wiki we had lists of stickied threads.

People didn't read those either.

You can't help idiots from posting unfortunately.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There's the Wiki.
Plus it is noted as a link at the top of the USA forums. All someone has to do is read the page.

What's the saying? You can lead a horse to water but .....
Old May 29th 2009, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Plus it is noted as a link at the top of the USA forums. All someone has to do is read the page.

you can't feed him sprouts?
Old May 29th 2009, 3:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Haha I wrote that saying out but didn't post it.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:10 am
member of little note

Oh I get what you are saying! I haven't read that either!! so why should they! and I am sympathetic to them, I love the US but at the same time I miss the easy humour in the UK, as in you can talk to a stranger and almost be rude and they laugh! although I am finding Americans in my part of the US get that as well, I was told almost a year ago, don't worry about your humour, Americans forgive and find funny anything delivered in that accent... a quote from 3 Americans! not sure if thats a compliment or not
Old May 29th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

.... it's easier to just shoot him.
Old May 29th 2009, 5:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by made of kent
Oh I get what you are saying! I haven't read that either!! so why should they! and I am sympathetic to them, I love the US but at the same time I miss the easy humour in the UK, as in you can talk to a stranger and almost be rude and they laugh! although I am finding Americans in my part of the US get that as well, I was told almost a year ago, don't worry about your humour, Americans forgive and find funny anything delivered in that accent... a quote from 3 Americans! not sure if thats a compliment or not
Just thought....you should have posted this in the Site Feedback forum.

Originally Posted by discoviking
.... it's easier to just shoot him.

Now there's a thought.
Old May 29th 2009, 9:27 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
you can't feed him sprouts?
Now why would you want to go and waste perfectly good sprouts on a horse?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:15 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

True... but they don't really stand out. The presentation de-emphasizes them and makes them look like part of a Google Ad or something. Perhaps if you have the pay version (without the ad above the links) they look a bit more inviting.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Before the wiki we had lists of stickied threads.

People didn't read those either.

You can't help idiots from posting unfortunately.
Same on every web forum. No matter how many stickies, FAQs, READMEs, wikis, whatevers, every day somebody joins up and asks obvious questions that have been asked and answered a million times already.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I vote that all future threads about moving to the US that the poster clearly has done no research be locked and a message posted telling them to read the sections already posted and use the search. Then they can post with specific questions. If they re-post the same junk, delete.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:28 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I vote that all future threads about moving to the US that the poster clearly has done no research be locked and a message posted telling them to read the sections already posted and use the search. Then they can post with specific questions. If they re-post the same junk, delete.
I second that! What a great idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.