Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Could I be eligable for a USA passport?

Could I be eligable for a USA passport?

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Jesika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could I be eligable for a USA passport?

Hello all! A friend has recommended this forum to me as she found it extremely helpful with all her queries! Any help would be much appreciated!

My Grandpa was American born and bred, so consequently my father holds an American passport and Dual citizenship. Would I be able to apply for an American passport? I have done quite a bit of research into it, but I have to admit, it's rather confusing. I am extremely keen (like many people) to move to the USA to live and work, and also partly for sentimental reasonings, since a large part of my family history is there. Could anyone give me any information regarding the possible steps to take, anything that would bolster my cause etc etc.

Just to add, I am 24, completed an MSc recently and looking to commence a PHD in the future. I'm sure this is irrelevant, but just to clarify I'm not an "undesirable" (or so I hope!).

Many many thanks, and apologies for my possible naivety!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could I be eligable for a USA passport?

Please use the thread in the Immigration forum for replies to this question:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679452

thanks!