Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This could be bad - urgent advice before I lose my mind....

This could be bad - urgent advice before I lose my mind....

Old Sep 20th 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This could be bad - urgent advice before I lose my mind....

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Hang in there, Brat!. For moral support, you've probably got nearly the whole membership in your corner. If the neighbor on whose behalf the suit is being filed says not to worry about it, it may be that the insurance companies are simply battling it out between themselves to see who's going to foot the bill for what. Good luck and please keep us posted!
+1
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
+1
Same, I'm sure it'll all turn out just fine in the end Hang in there.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this is just the way that things get done.

Your insurance isn't going to pay out unless they have to - now that you are being sued for something that was covered by your insurance they have to deal with it - either defend you or settle - in this case they will almost certainly settle - either way it is their responsibility to deal with it up to whatever limits are in your policy.

Don't stress out over it too much.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, support very much appreciated
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know how it goes Brat!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Let us know how it goes Brat!
Okay, so just a wee update. I finally managed to get to speak to the guy in charge of the claim, the one who contacted me right at the start. According to him, he is close to closing the claim, he is just having to assess whether the amount they are claiming for is too high or not and to do that, he has to go back over everything. He told me that he has been in touch with the claimant's Attorney and that if things are not going fast enough, and I do get served court papers, they will appoint me an Attorney and basically said that I will not owe a cent, because the personal liability on the insurance is going to cover everything. So I have no clue, I just need to wait and see if these papers are served, and if so, what date is on them to appear in court. To add to that, I have woken up with a stinker of a cold, my car's now heading to the garage with a major electrical fault - no radio, no back lights, smell of fumes inside, and to top it all, this hellhole I call home has no power in the kitchen - again!!!! I'm a patient person usually, but this week I'm finding it all just a bit too much and my poor OH is feeling the tension. Thanks to all for listening to my drivel and winging, I'm sure there are plenty out there far worse off than this so I just need to take a deep breath and get bloody well on with it.........

Thanks for the support, it's helped put it into perspective this week
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to be very resilient and have a great attitude - good things will start coming your way soon - you have had too many bad things happening lately, your luck will change.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Orangepants
You appear to be very resilient and have a great attitude - good things will start coming your way soon - you have had too many bad things happening lately, your luck will change.
Aaaww thanks for that, I don't think I am very resilient and feel like the world is ganging up on me I hope you're right and that we get some kind of luck change, lets put it this way, it can't get any worse and I can't change what's coming my way, so I have to deal with it, that's why I find this forum so invaluable, because there's always someone there to give you a boost, give advice, and also give a slap when a slap is needed and it has kept me sane over the last 2 years, so keep up the good work BE, I'd be lost without you....
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
+1! You are always so positive, but with all you have had to deal with in the past two years, no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed this week. This too shall pass!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
Aaaww thanks for that, I don't think I am very resilient and feel like the world is ganging up on me I hope you're right and that we get some kind of luck change, lets put it this way, it can't get any worse and I can't change what's coming my way, so I have to deal with it, that's why I find this forum so invaluable, because there's always someone there to give you a boost, give advice, and also give a slap when a slap is needed and it has kept me sane over the last 2 years, so keep up the good work BE, I'd be lost without you....
Chin up girl!!! it will get better
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Say after me:

"This too shall pass".

Now start breathing normally and think of something good you have to look forward to
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Say after me:

"This too shall pass".

Now start breathing normally and think of something good you have to look forward to
Thank you
Old Sep 24th 2011, 9:28 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Big Hugs from OHIO too.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, just a wee update. I just got served the papers by the Sheriff or whoever he was. So, been on to my insurance - again!!! This is the 3rd time and have told them where we are. I've been instructed to fax them the summons and they will deal with it......... They will apparently do what they need to do as the date on the summons is October 18th, which apparently, according to the Insurance, is very quick, it's normally the next month. What happens after that is anyone's guess. All that is holding up my insurance paying out, is agreeing on an amount, from what I can see. Wish they would just hurry up and settle so that we can all put this behind us, just brings it all back - again, when you read the summons, so fingers crossed, they get their finger out so that the file can be closed. Never thought in a million years, if you'd asked me last Feb when we arrived, that I'd be sitting here with a summons for a civil lawsuit, on top of everything else we've had to deal with...... but hey ho - can't change it so just need to deal with it head on. Thanks again for all your support and straight to the point advice and stuff. Don't know what I'd do without you guys
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
So, just a wee update. I just got served the papers by the Sheriff or whoever he was. So, been on to my insurance - again!!! This is the 3rd time and have told them where we are. I've been instructed to fax them the summons and they will deal with it......... They will apparently do what they need to do as the date on the summons is October 18th, which apparently, according to the Insurance, is very quick, it's normally the next month.
I'm all about C.Y.A. (Cover Your A$$) on all things legal. While your insurance company says they will deal with it, you should plan on attending the hearing just for your own peace of mind and to make sure they indeed are dealing with it. Ultimately, it will be your responsibility if they don't (and another law suit, you vs. your insurance to make them pay you the money you might ultimately have to pay out--and lose money in court fees and costs for the privilege...)

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.