British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Couch tour - anyone willing to host? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/couch-tour-anyone-willing-host-602628/)

Octang Frye Apr 9th 2009 4:36 am

Couch tour - anyone willing to host?

After traveling so much last year, I'd like to do the same again this year. But being sans traveling partner, I'd like to stay with some of you fine folk, if you'd be up for it. Just a day or so.

I'm think I'm covered in North Carolina. I figure I can stay with Steerpike in SF and Ray in Florida.

Could anyone else lend a traveler a bed? I'm very neat, clean and quiet.
How about you, Elfman? And Bevinva? I'm really excited to experience your lives and see the States through your lives.

Manc Apr 9th 2009 5:06 am

Re: Couch tour - anyone willing to host?

if you are unfortunate enough to be in Akron Ohio during a weekend you are welcome to a couch or mattress on the floor.

and the odd pint and curry.

Octang Frye Apr 9th 2009 5:49 am

I've been to Akron, Bath, Cleveland and Masillon.

Pencils Manc into contacts list. Thankee.

Ozzidoc Apr 9th 2009 6:09 am

Which month/s are you thinking of?

another bloody yank Apr 9th 2009 11:58 am

Come on out. I'll arrange entertainment.

http://hiphappy.files.wordpress.com/...art_critic.jpg

elfman Apr 9th 2009 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 7465029)
After traveling so much last year, I'd like to do the same again this year. But being sans traveling partner, I'd like to stay with some of you fine folk, if you'd be up for it. Just a day or so.

I'm think I'm covered in North Carolina. I figure I can stay with Steerpike in SF and Ray in Florida.

Could anyone else lend a traveler a bed? I'm very neat, clean and quiet.
How about you, Elfman? And Bevinva? I'm really excited to experience your lives and see the States through your lives.

You're welcome to kip in the spare room if you're passing through northern NJ - it happens to be in the basement but it has a double bed, carpet, and a huge Thomas the Tank Engine train set.

lisa67 Apr 9th 2009 12:12 pm

you can stay with us of you fancy Texas...although we do have mad rellies from the UK staying for most of the summer..then again you'd probably fit right in ;):D

scrubbedexpat097 Apr 9th 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7465928)
you can stay with us of you fancy Texas...although we do have mad rellies from the UK staying for most of the summer..then again you'd probably fit right in ;):D

Then send him down to my part of Texas. We wont have the rellies here but we do have the madness..:eek:

lisa67 Apr 9th 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7466304)
Then send him down to my part of Texas. We wont have the rellies here but we do have the madness..:eek:

can I send my rellies along with him too??:rofl:

scrubbedexpat097 Apr 9th 2009 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7466325)
can I send my rellies along with him too??:rofl:

Sure why not, anytime between April 21st and May 5th will be fine with me:p

Englishtart Apr 9th 2009 3:07 pm

Sounds like a great trip, see the sights and the BE crowd too, (or are the BE crowd the sights:) )
You are welcome to our spare room if you get anywhere near us;)

DeanUK2US Apr 9th 2009 3:20 pm

You can buy yourself a hotel room at each of the stops, you tight sod! :sneaky: :p

Octang Frye Apr 9th 2009 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US (Post 7466539)
You can buy yourself a hotel room at each of the stops, you tight sod! :sneaky: :p

Yeah, but then you don't get to meet the little people. The real folk. It's people wot be interesting. Driving interstate and staying in a Residence Inn is boring. Take the blue highways of life.

Thanks all. There's actually a group called Couch Surfers. It's a world-wide movement. We do something like it when we have Lindy Exchanges (big swing dancing meet-ups.) We have people come and stay from all over the world. They just crash on the floor.

Titchski Apr 9th 2009 4:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

I'm down the gulf coast a bit from Ray but pop me on the list if you like. I might even make you a curry. Two questions, do you shed and are you allergic to cats? :D

scrubbedexpat097 Apr 9th 2009 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 7466709)
Yeah, but then you don't get to meet the little people. The real folk. It's people wot be interesting. Driving interstate and staying in a Residence Inn is boring. Take the blue highways of life.

Thanks all. There's actually a group called Couch Surfers. It's a world-wide movement. We do something like it when we have Lindy Exchanges (big swing dancing meet-ups.) We have people come and stay from all over the world. They just crash on the floor.

If we are not at home when you get to us you'll find a spare key round the neck of our pet alligator that we keep in the swamp in the back yard. You'll also have to find a way to cross the levee to get to him...good luck;):p