Reload this Page >

Cottage Rental in West Country

Cottage Rental in West Country

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Cottage Rental in West Country

Hello

I'm taking my family to Somerset next year and starting to plan out the trip.
Thought we'd rent a cottage for a fortnight.
Anyone have experiences/suggestions/recommendations on rentals?

Ta.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cottage Rental in West Country

Have used English Country Cottages a few times. Excellent.

http://www.english-country-cottages.co.uk
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Hello

I'm taking my family to Somerset next year and starting to plan out the trip.
Thought we'd rent a cottage for a fortnight.
Anyone have experiences/suggestions/recommendations on rentals?

Ta.
Hi GM,

just wanted to say hi really! ........ don't have much to add to your question except that I think a cottage is a great idea for the visit back home, that way you guys will have the freedom to go out and about on your schedule.
My sister is off to Devon next week........ I will ask her to keep her eyes open of any ads etc....
We stayed in a farmhouse in Devon as kids family hol it was great.......
Bet your boys will have a blast!!!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:34 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Cottage Rental in West Country

A few years ago we rented the grist mill in this beautiful country estate on the Gloucestershire/Somerset border and then had various friends coming to stay with us for a night or two - they brought their own bed linen.

The countryside around there is magnificent and we did a lot of hiking and had picnics in the meadows.....just outside the estate on the road to Stroud you drive across the commons where cows were freely wandering around. We also enjoyed walking from the grist mill to the local pub.... and we took a few trips to Bristol to show our kids where their dad was from:

http://www.owlpen.com

The food at the Cyder House there was/is sublime....

Oh! How I miss seeing fields marked 'public footpath'....
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Googling?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Englishmum
A few years ago we rented the grist mill in this beautiful country estate on the Gloucestershire/Somerset border and then had various friends coming to stay with us for a night or two - they brought their own bed linen.

The countryside around there is magnificent and we did a lot of hiking and had picnics in the meadows.....just outside the estate on the road to Stroud you drive across the commons where cows were freely wandering around. We also enjoyed walking from the grist mill to the local pub.... and we took a few trips to Bristol to show our kids where their dad was from:

http://www.owlpen.com

The food at the Cyder House there was/is sublime....

Oh! How I miss seeing fields marked 'public footpath'....
That looks very promising, thank you
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony126
Have you tried Googling?
Yes indeed, I have quite a few bookmarked already.
I am hoping for a reaction of "for Pete's sake - dont go there" or "this one was 'triffic" or even "we have this one and will rent it to you for next to nothing".
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed, I have quite a few bookmarked already.
I am hoping for a reaction of "for Pete's sake - dont go there" or "this one was 'triffic" or even "we have this one and will rent it to you for next to nothing".
You forgot the 'we'll pay you to come and stay in our cottage and pay your air fare...1st class naturally'.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You forgot the 'we'll pay you to come and stay in our cottage and pay your air fare...1st class naturally'.
Aaaaaw thanks Joisey. Will you do it up for us a bit before we get there??

..........I would NOT be that mercenary !!

Note: prescence of smilies indicating humour.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaaw thanks Joisey. Will you do it up for us a bit before we get there??

..........I would NOT be that mercenary !!

Note: prescence of smilies indicating humour.