Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cost Plus World Market

Cost Plus World Market

Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cost Plus World Market

Just got back from a quick trip there over my late lunch, to pick up pressies for the in-laws. Very pleased to see they now stock McVities Digestives and choccie ones too. And McVities fruit shortbreads. And Penguin bars!!! And Cadbury's Fingers. I checked on the back and they say they're made in the UK. I hope this trend continues. Now I can add this place to the list, along with Trader Joe's, as the places I could quite easily bankrupt us. Don't know if they've had the recent additions for a while or not, it takes quite a lot of willpower on my part to stay away from there! Spent just shy of $100 there... and over half of that is for us!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost Plus World Market

Originally Posted by Maz
Just got back from a quick trip there over my late lunch, to pick up pressies for the in-laws. Very pleased to see they now stock McVities Digestives and choccie ones too. And McVities fruit shortbreads. And Penguin bars!!! And Cadbury's Fingers. I checked on the back and they say they're made in the UK. I hope this trend continues. Now I can add this place to the list, along with Trader Joe's, as the places I could quite easily bankrupt us. Don't know if they've had the recent additions for a while or not, it takes quite a lot of willpower on my part to stay away from there! Spent just shy of $100 there... and over half of that is for us!
Have you checked the country of manufacture of the products? Sometimes, World Market stocks British brands made in Oz or NZ.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Have you checked the country of manufacture of the products? Sometimes, World Market stocks British brands made in Oz or NZ.
Cadbury products made in NZ are the same as the UK IMO...the stuff made in Oz is yuck.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:35 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Love the world market- bought some paxo for chrimbo and always get Heinz tinned spaghetti there. Believe me I have been banned from there a couple times by the OH as I will spend any silly sum (about $5) on a can of Heinz tomato soup.
I am out of control!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Cadbury products made in NZ are the same as the UK IMO...the stuff made in Oz is yuck.
blame there dodgy weather for all that wax...same with stuff made in SA.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
blame there dodgy weather for all that wax...same with stuff made in SA.
That's right...a NZ woman told me the recipe for Cadbury's is the same as the UK 'cos of the similar climate. That's why the Cadbury's made in Oz is crap...because it's a different recipe.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Read again. I said I checked on the back and they're made in the UK.

I just had a Penguin bar, could barely taste it I was salivating so much!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Read again. I said I checked on the back and they're made in the UK.

I just had a Penguin bar, could barely taste it I was salivating so much!
LOL you must dip it in your Tea girl Only then will you have that chocolate moment.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
LOL you must dip it in your Tea girl Only then will you have that chocolate moment.
ohh vic that's the way to do it.....i lurrvvveeee dunkin' penguins in tea and mars bars in coffee
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ohh vic that's the way to do it.....i lurrvvveeee dunkin' penguins in tea and mars bars in coffee
LOL we are so posh ain't we mate, but how posh? can I beat you? do you drink Tea from bone china
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:31 pm
Maz

I just put the kettle on. I go through a pot a day by myself. Looking forward to the next victim.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

LOL we are so posh ain't we mate, but how posh? can I beat you? do you drink Tea from bone china
That reminds me of someone I used to work with...she said she always used crystal glasses to drink from. The look on her face when someone replied...'Don't you find it difficult to remove the tea stains?'...was priceless.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That reminds me of someone I used to work with...she said she always used crystal glasses to drink from. The look on her face when someone replied...'Don't you find it difficult to remove the tea stains?'...was priceless.
Very good JG
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:40 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
I am really hungry now and I just had lunch.. veggie soup made with onion bisto and dumplings made with veg. atora by the by how the heck do you get hold of veggie suet here? I don't like that bisquick crap.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hayley
I am really hungry now and I just had lunch.. veggie soup made with onion bisto and dumplings made with veg. atora by the by how the heck do you get hold of veggie suet here? I don't like that bisquick crap.
I've not had any dumplings in the four years of being here now that comment would sound very strange coming from a Bloke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.