Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Iowa City

Cost of living in Iowa City

Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

jayakkumar5157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of living in Iowa City

Hi,

Iam an Indian citizen and will be travelling to Iowa city soon.My salary is 67K per annum.Though I was in NJ for about 5 yrs (currently in India), I don't have any idea about Iowa city.Can you pls provide the following details.

(1) what will be the federal / state and other taxes for this salary and approx take home salary (my salary will be bi-weekly).
(2) Cost of living in Iowa city (like house rent / groceries etc - approx).I will be living with my wife and 5 yr old son, who will be studying there.
(3) Though my place of work is Iowa city, I believe it will be cheaper to live in coralville, which is very near to iowa city.Your suggestions.Which city will be convenient for my son's school (accessibility from the house) and cheaper?

Thanks in advance.

R Jayakkumar
Old Jun 21st 2011, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in Iowa City

Why don't you look on city-data dot com for information and use the tax calculator that is also found with a simple google search to determine an approximation of your tax withdrawals.

No one here has any clue to your style of living, what your expenditures will be on a personal front, if you are looking to buy or rent, and if rent is it an apartment or a house, what type of school will the 5 yr go to, i.e. public or private, what special needs he/she might have, what you health is like re cost of healthcare insurance, driving record, etc. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and look for yourself instead of asking others to do it for you.