Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cost of living Florida

Cost of living Florida

Old May 21st 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cost of living Florida

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That will depend on age/health etc. You can go online and get a quote from travel insurance companies. I'm not sure whether you can even get 6 mths travel insurance.
I see travel insurance, never thought of that-If i could stay for 6 months that would do it as the US has an agreement with australia where we will draw the pension from which will be $ 582.63 US a week.
Old May 21st 2012, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
I see travel insurance, never thought of that-If i could stay for 6 months that would do it as the US has an agreement with australia where we will draw the pension from which will be $ 582.63 US a week.
You seem to be reading rather selectively.
Old May 21st 2012, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've got a husband with the appetite of a horse, and a daughter that loves things like smoked salmon, fresh olives and chorizo and also eats a huge amount (my son is more fussy and eats a bit less - for now anyway!).

Everything I cook is fresh though, I don't buy any convenience food which is much more expensive, and I do only shop at Tescos rather than Waitrose! £100 a week or less is our usual.

I wonder if you were in London or a more expensive part of the UK too? Your gas/elec bill quoted above seemed incredibly high to me too, so perhaps the area makes a difference.

hmm
I shop (online) at Sainsburys just because I cant stand wheeling that bloody trolley up and down the aisles at the weekend but its still around £150.00 ish plus a week. (I'm veggie well one of those annoying still eat fish vegetarians! so I know the smoked salmon thing!(especially on bagels), my baby Milk (aptamil is 10.00 and a pack of nappies is 10.00 theres 20 pound on two items)
so thats possibly the added expense?

Last edited by goldenstate31; May 21st 2012 at 7:33 pm. Reason: spelling (again!)
Old May 21st 2012, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You seem to be reading rather selectively.
OK- health costs seems to be a problem then-any idea roughly to add to costs-Its not looking that good....at this stage
Old May 21st 2012, 7:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
OK- health costs seems to be a problem then-any idea roughly to add to costs-Its not looking that good....at this stage
That's like asking the question...how long is a piece of string. Have you tried getting online quotes as I suggested?
Old May 21st 2012, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get IAMS, around the $40 mark for the big Blue Bag.

Because she seems to so well out on her travels I just feed her one scoop a day. So a big bag last for quite a few months.

Somebody was swearing the other day about some Canadian dog food very good for the coat?
Old May 21st 2012, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do like the Mosseburg, had thought of getting one. But not for this purpose.

I have some friends who have a Memorial Day party, bring your gun or borrow one of theirs, BBQ, Beer and who can shoot the most rodents from the deck. But they probably have a 10 mile free fire zone.

I was concerned with a .22 that I could theoretically if you pointed in the right direction with the right elevation lob one on the to the Highway.

So I thought an air rifle would be a safer bet?
Old May 21st 2012, 10:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
....my baby Milk (aptamil is 10.00 and a pack of nappies is 10.00 theres 20 pound on two items)
When we had to get the premie formula, that was $15 for a 3 day supply of powder, but the regular stuff was about $20 a week, but at BJ's you could get own brand knock off for the same money but almost 2.5x the size.

Nappies, at BJ's, getting Pampers, it's $50 for about 200 on deal at the moment, but the cruisers and the like are $40 for 115 nappies.
Old May 21st 2012, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

I have some friends who have a Memorial Day party, bring your gun or borrow one of theirs, BBQ, Beer and who can shoot the most rodents from the deck. But they probably have a 10 mile free fire zone.
Guns and alcohol sounds like a winning combination

But other wise, sounds like a fun party!
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the Mosseburg, had thought of getting one. But not for this purpose.

I was concerned with a .22 that I could theoretically if you pointed in the right direction with the right elevation lob one on the to the Highway.

So I thought an air rifle would be a safer bet?
both are top notch ...air rifles are for the children
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:28 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
both are top notch ...air rifles are for the children
How much squirrel meat do you get if you hit them with the shotgun!!
Old May 22nd 2012, 5:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
How much squirrel meat do you get if you hit them with the shotgun!!
shotguns are for snake head removal ..the .22 is for squirrels
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
What dog food do you get for that price? Even Bakers complete (yuck!) is £10 for a bag half that size...

We pay about £25 - £30 for a 15kg bag and we don't feed a premium food...
We buy Dr. Johns Gold - http://www.gilpa.co.uk/product.php?shopprodid=6

We do get it from the farmer next door so pay cost price, but it's still only £10.99 for 15kg in the shops.

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
I shop (online) at Sainsburys just because I cant stand wheeling that bloody trolley up and down the aisles at the weekend but its still around £150.00 ish plus a week. (I'm veggie well one of those annoying still eat fish vegetarians! so I know the smoked salmon thing!(especially on bagels), my baby Milk (aptamil is 10.00 and a pack of nappies is 10.00 theres 20 pound on two items)
Could well be. We also don't drink a huge amount of alcohol, which I suspect means our shopping costs a lot less than most peoples! But I do budget very carefully as well, and do lots of 'family meals for a fiver' type recipes.

Old May 22nd 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
We buy Dr. Johns Gold - http://www.gilpa.co.uk/product.php?shopprodid=6

We do get it from the farmer next door so pay cost price, but it's still only £10.99 for 15kg in the shops.

Could well be. We also don't drink a huge amount of alcohol, which I suspect means our shopping costs a lot less than most peoples! But I do budget very carefully as well, and do lots of 'family meals for a fiver' type recipes.

well done! we shop at Iceland and Aldi and spent around £70 today...
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:32 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really beer, proper beer? Whenever I have been to anything even remotely red-neckish. beer was always at a premium. Good thing is they do not want to drink the stuff we bring. I still do not understand why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.