Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Corporate speak??

Corporate speak??

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Corporate speak??

Originally Posted by ironporer
The 2 words I hear the most and despise... "issue"- we used to have problems or ****ups... now they are only issues....also 'team". Don't take responsability for a decision, get with your team...
You're lucky...we don't have issues at our place, we have "opportunities to improve"

My personal favourite is "heads-up" as in letting you know. Trouble is most people who say that have their heads so far up their own arses that it always make me smile
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Just took the job at the bigger British Corp. They literally just got back to me and agreed to give me 3 weeks vacation
That the place 150 miles away?

Anyway, 3 weeks hol, pretty sweet deal right there

And yeah, FIL had a mare yesterday *l*
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:06 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I couldn't find a decent picture of him - that was my original plan.
Well actually my original plan was to use dennis the menace but when i looked for pics I kept getting the stupid american version.
You could crop this one? I don't know how to post a pic from my PC or I would do it for you

Last edited by Bob; Nov 23rd 2005 at 12:18 am. Reason: fixing tag
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:08 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

"Incentivize"

No, really, my Exec. Direc. uses it the whole time.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You could crop this one? I don't know how to post a pic from my PC or I would do it for you

[/IMG]http://www.theweeweb.co.uk/images/newspics/20040207044640.jpg[IMG]
manage attachments, just below the text box, add attachment and your sorted...
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:18 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
so which one you go for in the end? and good luck with it
Originally Posted by Lionheart
Congrats on the job. What are you going to be doing exactly? I'm still trying to finalize mine, hope to start at the beginning of December, fingers crossed!?
Thanks guys You're now talking to a GIS Technical Assistant. Well, as of next Tuesday anyway. I'm working for a Hydro-Geology company. I think I'm going to be helping draw maps of underground water systems through various rock formations. That and making the tea
Bit strange seeing as I'd decided on a career in therapy. But the therapy job I was offered paid $6K less per year than the geology job, so y'know basically I can be bought cheaply, but you knew that already
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:28 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Thanks guys You're now talking to a GIS Technical Assistant. Well, as of next Tuesday anyway. I'm working for a Hydro-Geology company. I think I'm going to be helping draw maps of underground water systems through various rock formations. That and making the tea
Bit strange seeing as I'd decided on a career in therapy. But the therapy job I was offered paid $6K less per year than the geology job, so y'know basically I can be bought cheaply, but you knew that already
Sounds like a rock solid career move, I guess you could just feel it was the right decision in your water. If someone gets fired from your place does that mean that they are dehydrated
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Sarah
GIS? sounds pretty funky anyway
And yeah, a bit of a difference to the other job...goodluck with it

Just need me to pull my finger out and get a bit of luck now *l*
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep, well done sir

Just one thing though - if you're going to use bestie as your avatar at least show him in his true colours...
New avatar
Here's that Plug avatar
Attached Images  
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

"lets park that idea for a moment " where ? outside ? its bloody boiling ! it'll melt..........