Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Corporate speak??

Wikiposts

Corporate speak??

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corporate speak??

Originally Posted by Sarah
Starting my new job on Monday Tom, be interesting to see how we go on with our new jobs and the inevitable office bollocks/politics that will go on
so which one you go for in the end? and good luck with it
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I'm still trying to finalize mine, hope to start at the beginning of December, fingers crossed!?
That's cool...good luck with it

And you not heard from that commute place?

Speaking of commutes, FIL, not a happy chappy, his site was about 10 mins up the road from where they live, but he was told to fill in for someone on another site, which 60 miles away at the mo takes an hour, was alright, supposed to be for a couple weeks tops, well lastnight found out it'll be for pretty much the whole winter, and once it snows it'll take longer to get there...he weren't impressed as he has to get up 11pm to be there as it was, didn't get home till 7pm yesterday...and to top it off, one of the truckers ploughed into his pickup and smashed the front end in...hmmm...
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:24 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Speaking of commutes, FIL, not a happy chappy, his site was about 10 mins up the road from where they live, but he was told to fill in for someone on another site, which 60 miles away at the mo takes an hour, was alright, supposed to be for a couple weeks tops, well lastnight found out it'll be for pretty much the whole winter, and once it snows it'll take longer to get there...he weren't impressed as he has to get up 11pm to be there as it was, didn't get home till 7pm yesterday...and to top it off, one of the truckers ploughed into his pickup and smashed the front end in...hmmm...
No, I wouldn't be commuting there every day or it would be a non-starter. It's 150 miles round-trip which I've done twice for 2 interviews, the guy started talking about offers and salary, his final words last Wednesday were
" I'll call you by the weekend"
Haven't heard anything, could at least let me know after driving 300 miles, maybe I'm just being impatient???
Sounds like your FIL had ' one of those days' that sucks
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:55 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Just took the job at the bigger British Corp. They literally just got back to me and agreed to give me 3 weeks vacation
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:01 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

The 2 words I hear the most and despise... "issue"- we used to have problems or ****ups... now they are only issues....also 'team". Don't take responsability for a decision, get with your team...
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:55 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
The 2 words I hear the most and despise... "issue"- we used to have problems or ****ups... now they are only issues....also 'team". Don't take responsability for a decision, get with your team...
Yep, I love issues too
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just took the job at the bigger British Corp. They literally just got back to me and agreed to give me 3 weeks vacation
Congrats L.... will stop sending the food parcels next week..
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Congrats L.... will stop sending the food parcels next week..
Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:38 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Yep, well done sir

Just one thing though - if you're going to use bestie as your avatar at least show him in his true colours...
New avatar
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep, well done sir

Just one thing though - if you're going to use bestie as your avatar at least show him in his true colours...
New avatar
If you are going to use the bash street gang at least have Plug
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:58 am
Thinking about it

If you are going to use the bash street gang at least have Plug
I couldn't find a decent picture of him - that was my original plan.
Well actually my original plan was to use dennis the menace but when i looked for pics I kept getting the stupid american version.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny

"lunch and learn" -- we'll feed you free food, you keep your mouths shut, and we'll talk. You listen.
called a "brown bag" here - we take your lunch time and make you work
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:20 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
I used to have the same thing..."Brown Bag Friday Team Meeting"...cheap bastards could at least have ordered pizza....
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:41 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
The brown bag is to barf in.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The brown bag is to barf in.
LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.