British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Corona area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/corona-area-698128/)

Ellie-May Dec 25th 2010 8:31 am

Corona area

I was wondering if anyone is living in the Corona area?Or within 45 mins of there.

ian-mstm Dec 25th 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Corona area

Originally Posted by Ellie-May (Post 9060041)
I was wondering if anyone is living in the Corona area?Or within 45 mins of there.

Corona where?

California?
New Mexico?
South Dakota?
Tennessee?

All of these states have a city called Corona! We're not mind readers! :)

Ian

AmerLisa Dec 25th 2010 6:03 pm

If its Corona, CA, I used to live there. Well I did for about 10 years. Did you have a question? Or just trying to see if someone lives nearby?

Ellie-May Dec 25th 2010 10:00 pm

Sorry I did not know that there were other Corona's. Yes was wondering if anyne lives nearby.

Ellie-May Dec 25th 2010 10:04 pm

Have just noticed that one of the replies was from the very same man who was rude to me last time. Why be so rude??? My husband who is American didnt know we have towns in the UK with the same name, I would never be so rude to him or another foreigner like that!

ian-mstm Dec 25th 2010 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ellie-May (Post 9060478)
Why be so rude?

Rude? Apparently, asking for clarification to better answer your question is now considered rude! With respect, it's not my fault that your question wasn't complete.

Ian

AmerLisa Dec 25th 2010 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ellie-May (Post 9060473)
Sorry I did not know that there were other Corona's. Yes was wondering if anyne lives nearby.

You still haven't answered what State that you are asking about? Corona where? Asking to clarify shouldn't be misconstrued as rude....:confused:

Poppy girl Dec 25th 2010 11:59 pm

:confused::blink: Ian asked a pefectaly normal and unstandable question so I am at a lose to the defensive attitude, never the less as Amerlisa quoted spit it out please and tell us which Corona!! ;)

scrubbedexpat099 Dec 26th 2010 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9060531)
:confused::blink: Ian asked a pefectaly normal and unstandable question so I am at a lose to the defensive attitude, never the less as Amerlisa quoted spit it out please and tell us which Corona!! ;)

The only one I know anything about is New Mexico, I highly doubt it is that one.

Oregon4now Dec 26th 2010 7:36 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 9060511)
You still haven't answered what State that you are asking about? Corona where? Asking to clarify shouldn't be misconstrued as rude....:confused:

To be fair to the OP, I believe the part that she mistook as rude was the
" We are not mind readers " at the end of Ian's post.

I thought she made it clear it was CA when she answered your first Post Lisa ?
At least that's how I read it.

ian-mstm Dec 26th 2010 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Oregon4now (Post 9060735)
To be fair to the OP, I believe the part that she mistook as rude was the " We are not mind readers " at the end of Ian's post.

It was a statement of fact. Had I actually intended to be rude... well, suffice to say, I'm not known for being subtle. :)

Ian

AmerLisa Dec 26th 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Oregon4now (Post 9060735)
To be fair to the OP, I believe the part that she mistook as rude was the
" We are not mind readers " at the end of Ian's post.

I thought she made it clear it was CA when she answered your first Post Lisa ?
At least that's how I read it.

Yes, it might have been, you're right. But it really would have been better to just add the CA or even California to the end.

Alan17 Dec 26th 2010 3:34 pm

Anyway ........

Yes, I'm in Yorba Linda, about 15 miles away. Drop me a message if you've got a question. Be happy to help.

soap addict Dec 26th 2010 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ellie-May (Post 9060041)

Yes I'm in Norco only a couple of miles from Corona CA

PM me if I can help you

Soap addict

AmerLisa Dec 26th 2010 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by soap addict (Post 9061077)
Yes I'm in Norco only a couple of miles from Corona CA

PM me if I can help you

Soap addict

Ah yes.... Norco. Corona and Norco is where I go when I go "home" Although its not home anymore....:(

Anyhoo.....:)