British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Copenhagen.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/copenhagen-190876/)

Polaris_x Nov 13th 2003 8:02 pm

Pimpbot Nov 13th 2003 8:19 pm

Mouth and throat cancer always put me off the idea of chewing tobacco.

Does anybody remember when Thats Life did the report on skoal(sp)?.

Ash UK/US Nov 13th 2003 8:34 pm

Hmmmm no

but I quit smoking 2 years does this count? anyhow I did it 'cold turkey' except for a lot of wriggles chewing gum and brushing my teeth several times a day... and for the stress I walked alot... my 2 border collies thought they had died and gone to heaven with all the walks they got!

Ash :)

Rockgurl Nov 13th 2003 8:39 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Mouth and throat cancer always put me off the idea of chewing tobacco.

Does anybody remember when Thats Life did the report on skoal(sp)?.
Oh god yes, I remember that. It was horrific. I just remember seeing some guy with a big hole in his face because of the oral cancer. Nasty. Didn't they ban it in the UK because of that program? http://www.my-smileys.de/bored.gif

Yosser Nov 13th 2003 9:07 pm

Re: Copenhagen....

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Has anyone here tried to stop chewing tobacco? I'm on day 4 now without my beloved Copenhagen and I feel like I'm going to snap. To top it off, I'm going to be going on a road trip this weekend (about 1000 miles). I'm not looking forward to my episodes of road rage...LOL.

If anyone has any experience with this, can you provide some suggestions to calm the stress? Thanks.
"anyone tried to stop???".....other way around matey, no one actually started it in England. Its the most discusting habit EVER, I used to work in a office were every chap would sit there all day, gobbing and spitting that black rectched stuff into coffee cups.

Pimpbot Nov 13th 2003 9:43 pm

The joys of living in Texas, eh? Yosser :D

BrigieDarling Nov 13th 2003 10:13 pm

Has anyone here tried to stop chewing tobacco? I'm on day 4 now without my beloved Copenhagen and I feel like I'm going to snap. To top it off, I'm going to be going on a road trip this weekend (about 1000 miles). I'm not looking forward to my episodes of road rage...LOL.

If anyone has any experience with this, can you provide some suggestions to calm the stress? Thanks.

My next door neighbour did once and he said when he went in the store the Chewing Tobacco tin looked as big as a frisbee!

Please stick with it Polaris... I'm very proud! :D

Patrick Nov 14th 2003 2:53 am

I love Copenhagen, we used to go every year on the first weekend of December to see the Christmas lights being turned on and the wonderful Christmas fair in Tivoli.

We are not going this year (its a bit far, its not like jumping on ryanscare from Stansted!), Oh well you can't have everything in life (unless your yosser, obviously)

Patrick

Yosser Nov 14th 2003 2:23 pm

Originally posted by Patrick
I love Copenhagen, we used to go every year on the first weekend of December to see the Christmas lights being turned on and the wonderful Christmas fair in Tivoli.

We are not going this year (its a bit far, its not like jumping on ryanscare from Stansted!), Oh well you can't have everything in life (unless your yosser, obviously)

Patrick
:confused:

Please explain what you are talking about? otherwise please shut the **** up.

Thank You.

PrincessofWales Nov 14th 2003 2:48 pm

Funny Patrick....

There is a guy who works for the same company as my boyfriend...he chews the Skoal once a day.....makes him completely wacky...starts dancing around the place.

Bad breath, teeth and gums; oral, throat and stomach cancer. Wacky dancing. Redneck habit.

What, pray, is the attraction?

Patrick Nov 14th 2003 3:43 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
:confused:

Please explain what you are talking about? otherwise please shut the **** up.

Thank You.
I am talking about Copenhagen, even someone with your dizzingly low intelect should understand that one. If you can't act with any kind of social graces I suggest you find somewhere that you kind act like rude, uneducated redneck.

Patrick

Yosser Nov 14th 2003 4:14 pm

I am talking about Copenhagen, even someone with your dizzingly low intelect should understand that one. If you can't act with any kind of social graces I suggest you find somewhere that you kind act like rude, uneducated redneck.

Patrick
Social grace?....Rude?....Uneducated? take a look at yourself matey, your a one to talk, how many people have you been rude too on these forums?

Look everyone, Patrick is giving a lecture on social graces:lecture: Thats the biggest laugh I've had all week.

PrincessofWales Nov 14th 2003 4:26 pm

oh oh...here we go again!

Patrick Nov 14th 2003 4:33 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
Social grace?....Rude?....Uneducated? take a look at yourself matey, your a one to talk, how many people have you been rude too on these forums?

Look everyone, Patrick is giving a lecture on social graces:lecture: Thats the biggest laugh I've had all week.
If your a jackass and you deserve to be taken down a peg or two I am not afraid to do it, its not rude if its the truth. And don't even go there with the uneducated thing, when you can produce the qualifications I have, or the medals then you can come back to me.

Your a disgrace, you really are, you're someone who wants everything and wants to pay for nothing. You think your king of castle when your just like everyone else, acceptance is the first part of humility. Climb down of that high horse of yours and join the real world.

Patrick

Yosser Nov 14th 2003 4:44 pm

If your a jackass and you deserve to be taken down a peg or two I am not afraid to do it, its not rude if its the truth. And don't even go there with the uneducated thing, when you can produce the qualifications I have, or the medals then you can come back to me.

Your a disgrace, you really are, you're someone who wants everything and wants to pay for nothing. You think your king of castle when your just like everyone else, acceptance is the first part of humility. Climb down of that high horse of yours and join the real world.

Patrick
Play the violin to someone else, I'm not impressed.

I'm a disgrace to who exactly??? there isn't anyone lining up outside my door with a problem.

Qualifications? Oh here we go, I have a Phd in blah ****in blah the last thing that I'm impressed with is YOUR qualifications matey, everyone has special skills and experiences, certificates don't mean jack didley it just makes you BELIEVE that YOU are better than your neighbor.

Get a grip, your losing it!