Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Contact lens supplier and/or lasik surgeon recommendations

Contact lens supplier and/or lasik surgeon recommendations

Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact lens supplier and/or lasik surgeon recommendations

Originally Posted by Mandana
I'm sure it's not hard to get them, it's just I'm down to my last 3 pairs now (thinking I had another box of each prescription left, but didn't) and thought I could just go online and order and Bob's your Uncle sort of thing.

Appears not to be the case!

Glasses it is then until I get the time to sort it out. No probs. Got visitors now so it'll have to wait until they go home in a week.
I understand...it's difficult to get into the swing of things when you first live in a new country.

My advice would be to check if you have optical insurance coverage. If you do go to one of the listed eye doctors then take the prescription to somewhere like Costco etc. If not...just go to Costco and get an eye examination then order the contacts.

We lived here for 2 yrs before I could bring myself to pay to shop at a store...but believe me it is well worth it.