Consistency

Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Consistency

Originally Posted by Elvira
There's another good opening over in Oz... "HECK! after 10 years I think I am eligible to apply!!.. What do I do first????"

Tempting but I think I'd get banned...
OOOhhh...don't mock the afflicted
Attached Images  
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Per Mare Per Terram?
I reckon so
Old May 1st 2006, 10:44 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
(sulk)

If you want to be like that...
You and rushman should get a room
Old May 1st 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
You and rushman should get a room
Make it a threesome and have AmerLisa join you!
Old May 1st 2006, 6:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My excuse, I weren't around all weekend, so don't have a clue about those recent threads...also, I don't read every single post in every thread, so if when a thread starts out being something and morphs into something else, well I'll be buggered if I'll keep moving it around.

At the mo, it's a judgement call as to what is "lifestyle" and what's just general US chit chat, and to me, lifestyle would be dealing with banks, places to go, places to live, dmv, shopping, working etc and everything else as natter...it gets tricky when you deal with something that could go either way like watching brit shows in the US.
Old May 1st 2006, 6:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My excuse, I weren't around all weekend, so don't have a clue about those recent threads...also, I don't read every single post in every thread, so if when a thread starts out being something and morphs into something else, well I'll be buggered if I'll keep moving it around.

At the mo, it's a judgement call as to what is "lifestyle" and what's just general US chit chat, and to me, lifestyle would be dealing with banks, places to go, places to live, dmv, shopping, working etc and everything else as natter...it gets tricky when you deal with something that could go either way like watching brit shows in the US.
So why couldn't it be left as it was. Seems that most are brassed off and confused by having to switch from board to board, myself included.
Old May 1st 2006, 6:46 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...it gets tricky when you deal with something that could go either way like watching brit shows in the US.
Dear Bob, surely you have been here long enough to know that any thread here will, sooner or later, go "the other way"
Old May 1st 2006, 6:56 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
her for thinking she had to clean them for shipping.
actually, you do have to remove all soil from any tools that could touch soil. Same goes for entry into the US.
Old May 1st 2006, 9:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So why couldn't it be left as it was. Seems that most are brassed off and confused by having to switch from board to board, myself included.
because there were plenty that moaned that stuff was being moved to the lounge and that they wanted chatter amongst the US crowd but didn't want to venture into general domain...
Old May 1st 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I agree, Jerseygirl. I never agreed with the additional board, but initially I thought it wasn't a big deal. Now it's starting to really piss me off.

I know it won't be changed back, because of the "put up or piss off" attitude I've seen previously from the board owners, but I still want to make it known that I think this multi-board, thread-moving idea has screwed up the flow and feel of the boards here.

EDIT: The fact is, whether the board owners want it or not, this is a community board, not a factual-information-about-the-USA board (factual replies from us lot? You're 'avin a laff!) and trying to use poor old Bob to police what is and isn't within some vague "suitability and relevance to the US" guideline is a waste of his time and ours.

We fear change!! I agree though, I have used the site less since the change - and there is a serious lack of consistency - there my 2 cents!
Old May 1st 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
because there were plenty that moaned that stuff was being moved to the lounge and that they wanted chatter amongst the US crowd but didn't want to venture into general domain...

So dont move them to the lounge? They start here - we add to them here - ergo we WANT them here?

How about a vote?
Old May 1st 2006, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So why can't you just leave all the threads that we put in the US forum in the US forum instead of moving them about?
Old May 1st 2006, 9:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hands up ..... I think that may have been my fault because I didnt make it clear to the mods.

Only non-usa related stuff should be in the The Trailer Park. Basically it was created so those of you who live in the US could still have a sense of community but wouldn't be cluttering up the main USA forum with non usa discussions/chitchat/off topic banter etc, etc.

Yeah I know clear as mud aren't I
Old May 1st 2006, 9:56 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I have a consistency question.........My gravy is too thin, how do I make it thicker
Old May 1st 2006, 9:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I agree, Jerseygirl. I never agreed with the additional board, but initially I thought it wasn't a big deal. Now it's starting to really piss me off.

I know it won't be changed back, because of the "put up or piss off" attitude I've seen previously from the board owners, but I still want to make it known that I think this multi-board, thread-moving idea has screwed up the flow and feel of the boards here.

EDIT: The fact is, whether the board owners want it or not, this is a community board, not a factual-information-about-the-USA board (factual replies from us lot? You're 'avin a laff!) and trying to use poor old Bob to police what is and isn't within some vague "suitability and relevance to the US" guideline is a waste of his time and ours.
Eh no we are not heavy handed, the "put up or piss off" attitude that you think we have was due to an ongoing discussion with another member. You aren't privy to the PM's that went on over a considerably period of time and so are really not in a position to comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.