Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The consequences of cost reduction

The consequences of cost reduction

Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:02 pm
Banned

pcpfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up The consequences of cost reduction

This situation could happen anywhere but this is not the case. In the land were cheap labour is the key to industrialization, all is made and produced as cheap as possible. There are thousands of multinational European and America companies working there. Costs are rationalized in such a way that the products manufactured end up costing less than then shipping them to Europe. All is made at the lowest possible cost with a huge lack of Quality. Today I bring you the example of the consequences on reducing production/Quality costs. Fortunately no one died with the collapse of the balding as construction was in a final stage of production, so a major disaster was avoided, the entire structure simply fell, like a deck of cards... Somehow the foundations gave way but the building itself continues almost solid, the concrete used on the actual building at lest looks solid enough.

Check this out : http://zurcapital.blogspot.com/2010/...em-as-sua.html
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:12 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The consequences of cost reduction

Does anyone fancy a pint?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:15 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
oh go on then pour us one and make sure its got a whisky chaser sat next to it...
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I'll drink to the collapse of the balding.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:25 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The collapse of what....?? Oooooh - you clicked the link...
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bit random....and several months past the last time this story made an appearance...I thought this at least might have been about the Foxconn suicides, that and them not paying money to families of those who commit suicide....
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:45 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I'm dying of thirst over here..
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:51 pm
Last orders please...

thanks Sally, have one yourself..
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:03 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
so with the balding on its side which is the door to the bar?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:08 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

As my hairline is rapidly receding, I will also drink a coupla pints to the collapse of the balding...
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:10 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pcpfan
This situation could happen anywhere but this is not the case. In the land were cheap labour is the key to industrialization, all is made and produced as cheap as possible. There are thousands of multinational European and America companies working there. Costs are rationalized in such a way that the products manufactured end up costing less than then shipping them to Europe. All is made at the lowest possible cost with a huge lack of Quality. Today I bring you the example of the consequences on reducing production/Quality costs. Fortunately no one died with the collapse of the balding as construction was in a final stage of production, so a major disaster was avoided, the entire structure simply fell, like a deck of cards... Somehow the foundations gave way but the building itself continues almost solid, the concrete used on the actual building at lest looks solid enough.

Check this out : http://zurcapital.blogspot.com/2010/...em-as-sua.html
And besides which, its China mate..are you really suprised...the land of cheap labor...

So no blaming the western world for any of this...(I'm not saying you were)..
Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am waiting for Saturday, but will probably get some practice in on Friday.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:08 am
Banned

pcpfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I think I found the explanation for this http://www.engineering.com/Library/A...fall-over.aspx
Old Jun 10th 2010, 3:59 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah thanks, don't fancy a pint of cost reduction Pabst Blue Ribbon - my taste buds tend to collapse on sheer lack of quality control... even if its for 49c/pint. That's very socially irresponsible of me to support such a brewery...

Rain check - perhaps another time, another beer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.