Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Connecticut anyone?

Connecticut anyone?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Connecticut anyone?

Originally Posted by BrigieDarling
Pilot os a Truck stop... what the **** do you expect fool?

Glad you were nowhere near me!
So am I
And where else would you expect a truck driver to park his truck for the night ? ............. Fool.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:28 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
So am I
And where else would you expect a truck driver to park his truck for the night ? ............. Fool.
Tell me you didn't sleep at that Motel.... !

Now if you were nice my husband could have picked you up ya know.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me you didn't sleep at that Motel.... !

Now if you were nice my husband could have picked you up ya know.
I didn't sleep in any sleezy motel Bridgie............ I only use the truck stops for the showers and food. My truck sleeps 2 people, has a fridge, TV and dvd player........... it also has temp control that runs constant.
I don't know your number or I would have called your hubby ....Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:47 am

I didn't sleep in any sleezy motel Bridgie............ I only use the truck stops for the showers and food. My truck sleeps 2 people, has a fridge, TV and dvd player........... it also has temp control that runs constant.

That would have been fun... could have had a good reason to open some jars of English stuff.

How is it my kids wont eat anything British? Not even tea!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:49 am

I passed Pilot tonight and shivered at the thought of even getting off that exit. It was worse way back I think... it looks better anyway.

I'm 5 exits south of there.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I passed Pilot tonight and shivered at the thought of even getting off that exit. It was worse way back I think... it looks better anyway.

I'm 5 exits south of there.
I wouldn't eat in the Pilot .......... the really crappy looking truck stop next to it has a very good diner !....... Appearances can be decieving.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

That would have been fun... could have had a good reason to open some jars of English stuff.

You have English stuff ???? ............ Don't tell everyone.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:34 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Connecticut anyone?

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
We don't live in CT but planning on visiting sometime. Any good touristy places in CT?

After the death of Gene Pitney, one of the favourite sons of CT I had wanted to visit his grave site, but other commitments got in the way!!

Hopefully visit sometime in 2008.

We are visiting CT in May, flying into Hartford, visiting Somers, then driving down to Vermont, and maybe Massachusetts too. Can't wait, should be a good vacation.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are visiting CT in May, flying into Hartford, visiting Somers, then driving down to Vermont, and maybe Massachusetts too. Can't wait, should be a good vacation.

Look at the map ! .............. UP to Vermont
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Somers (NY?) which is OVER from Connecticut and you are not going down to Vermont, but UP to Vermont and then DOWN to Massachusetts.

PPS You have to drive THROUGH Massachusetts to get to Vermont.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Somers (NY?) which is OVER from Connecticut and you are not going down to Vermont, but UP to Vermont and then DOWN to Massachusetts.

and while at it, might as well checkout NH, make paying the toll for all that five mins on the road worth it
Old Mar 5th 2007, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rete

No, Somers CT. About 25 miles away from Hartford I believe. Well I never could read a map lol.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:40 am
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point

No, Somers CT. About 25 miles away from Hartford I believe. Well I never could read a map lol.
Don't worry, I will get you their.