Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Connecticut anyone?

Connecticut anyone?

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:21 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Connecticut anyone?

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Gosh, I'm very late to this thread, aren't I? I'm in Andover, on the Eastern side. We moved here last summer and it's very quaint and green...love it. I work in Hartford, Manchester, Norwich, Windham and Waterbury, so I'm all over the state. I feel very at home here now, after being in CT for 2 years. I think i'm staying. Hi Brigie!
Where the truck have you been?

(not that I come here often)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrigieDarling
Been a long time since I've kept up with Britishexpat.

Anyone in the Nutmeg State?

hiya brigie.....sorry i'm down here in the Lone Star State
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hiya brigie.....sorry i'm down here in the Lone Star State
Well, if you're ever up this way.... let me know.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:00 pm
Welsh girl

Lealyss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I have just moved to Redding CT, lovely area, a little quiet, but nice.......any brits near me?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lealyss
Hello,
I have just moved to Redding CT, lovely area, a little quiet, but nice.......any brits near me?

Blimey... one moved away from Redding a year back!

You just missed her.

I'm in Milford, nice to meet you!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:47 pm
Welsh girl

Lealyss is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to meet you too how long have you been in the states?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lealyss
Nice to meet you too how long have you been in the states?

20 years this October.

It is exactly 65 miles to JFK from my driveway!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Connecticut anyone?

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
We don't live in CT but planning on visiting sometime. Any good touristy places in CT?

After the death of Gene Pitney, one of the favourite sons of CT I had wanted to visit his grave site, but other commitments got in the way!!

Hopefully visit sometime in 2008.

We might be able to make this year!! We have to go to Virginia in the summer, and could catch a flight to Hartford or somewhere and then visit Somers. I would have to look at the map to say for certain.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:50 am
Just Joined

JohnCT is an unknown quantity at this point

A few more New Haven tidbits, once you are at the British Art museum on Chapel Street you are near many interesting restaurants, Ibezia is just across the street, expensive spanish food really nice, half a block toward the green is Union League club, expensive french food, Clair's Corner Cornucopia corner Chapel and College is all veggie all the time, and on Crown St. a short walk away is Louis Lunch said to be where the hamburger was invented, simple but has a certain charm, almost next door is a Turkish place Istambul Cafe not fancy with good food, and Caffe Adulis also on College featuring Ethhiopian delights w/ slightly upscale prices. You can pick up a free old-time trolley bus right on Chapel St and get a nice ride around the Yale campus, including the Arts District which has it's own set of interesting places to eat. Lots to see, This British museum is closed Mondays and certain holidays.

http://ycba.yale.edu/information/info_hours-dir.html

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...-new-haven.htm
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

OverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really niceOverThePond is just really nice

Hello All CT folks!

My wife and are are also in CT (Mystic to be precise) ... which my guess is near ... nothing! Mystic is nice - been here since August '06.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:59 pm

We go there every year... I love the little shops!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

madas is an unknown quantity at this point

Another Brit here, living in Trumbull right now. Any other young (less than 30) brits in the area?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by JohnCT
A few more New Haven tidbits, once you are at the British Art museum on Chapel Street you are near many interesting restaurants, Ibezia is just across the street, expensive spanish food really nice, half a block toward the green is Union League club, expensive french food, Clair's Corner Cornucopia corner Chapel and College is all veggie all the time, and on Crown St. a short walk away is Louis Lunch said to be where the hamburger was invented, simple but has a certain charm, almost next door is a Turkish place Istambul Cafe not fancy with good food, and Caffe Adulis also on College featuring Ethhiopian delights w/ slightly upscale prices. You can pick up a free old-time trolley bus right on Chapel St and get a nice ride around the Yale campus, including the Arts District which has it's own set of interesting places to eat. Lots to see, This British museum is closed Mondays and certain holidays.

http://ycba.yale.edu/information/info_hours-dir.html

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...-new-haven.htm
A couple of weeks ago I spotted "Kevins Fish and Chips" on the corner of Kimberly and Howard Ave.

What's in the Britsh Museum?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrigieDarling
Blimey... one moved away from Redding a year back!

You just missed her.

I'm in Milford, nice to meet you!
I spent a night in Milford last tues ............... at the Pilot truckstop.
What a dive !
I delivered to a company called that renovated earthmovers etc and reloaded next day in Windsor to take just two reels of very urgent cable to New Orleans............. I know it was urgent cos they paid $4000 to do no other pick ups and go direct.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I spent a night in Milford last tues ............... at the Pilot truckstop.
What a dive !
I delivered to a company called that renovated earthmovers etc and reloaded next day in Windsor to take just two reels of very urgent cable to New Orleans............. I know it was urgent cos they paid $4000 to do no other pick ups and go direct.

Pilot os a Truck stop... what the **** do you expect fool?

Glad you were nowhere near me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.