Confusion

Old Dec 16th 2006, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confusion

While driving around Texas I noticed a thing that kind of boggled my mind. So I did some research (yes, I was bored) and "discovered" the following (it's all in Texas btw):

You'd expect the city of Franklin to be in Franklin County, but noooooo, it's in Liberty County.
So you'd expect the city of Liberty to be in Liberty County, but noooooo, it's in Milam County.
So you'd expect the city of Milam to be in Milam County, but noooooo, it's in Sabine County.
So you'd expect the city of Sabine to be in Sabine County, but noooooo, it's in Jefferson County.
So you'd expect the city of Jeffersonto be in Jefferson County, but noooooo, it's in Marion County.
So you'd expect the city of Marion to be in Marion County, but noooooo, it's in Guadalupe County.
So you'd expect the city of Guadalupe to be in Guadalupe County, but noooooo, it's in Victoria County.
So you'd expect the city of Victoriato be in Victoria County, but noooooo, it's in Limestone County.
Finally you'd find the city of Limestone where you would least expect it: in Limestone County.

Anyone else bored enough to compose such a list for his/her own state?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:00 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusion

Originally Posted by Toontje
While driving around Texas I noticed a thing that kind of boggled my mind. So I did some research (yes, I was bored) and "discovered" the following (it's all in Texas btw):

You'd expect the city of Franklin to be in Franklin County, but noooooo, it's in Liberty County.
So you'd expect the city of Liberty to be in Liberty County, but noooooo, it's in Milam County.
So you'd expect the city of Milam to be in Milam County, but noooooo, it's in Sabine County.
So you'd expect the city of Sabine to be in Sabine County, but noooooo, it's in Jefferson County.
So you'd expect the city of Jeffersonto be in Jefferson County, but noooooo, it's in Marion County.
So you'd expect the city of Marion to be in Marion County, but noooooo, it's in Guadalupe County.
So you'd expect the city of Guadalupe to be in Guadalupe County, but noooooo, it's in Victoria County.
So you'd expect the city of Victoriato be in Victoria County, but noooooo, it's in Limestone County.
Finally you'd find the city of Limestone where you would least expect it: in Limestone County.

Anyone else bored enough to compose such a list for his/her own state?
Come on, Toon, surely you've been here long enough now to realise 'they' don't know FA about geography!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Come on, Toon, surely you've been here long enough now to realise 'they' don't know FA about geography!
True. To 9 out of 10 people I have to explain that the Netherlands is right between the UK and Germany. They wouldn't have a clue where it would be if I didn't tell them.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

True. To 9 out of 10 people I have to explain that the Netherlands is right between the UK and Germany. They wouldn't have a clue where it would be if I didn't tell them.
Well, you learn something every day I thought Holland was between the UK and Germany.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Well, you learn something every day I thought Holland was between the UK and Germany.
Yeah, Holland too.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 10:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

that's presumin' they knew where the UK and Germany were
Old Dec 16th 2006, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
In London
Old Dec 17th 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought England was the 51st state!
You mean it's not? :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:01 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Isn't UK in Lexington, Kentucky?

Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

California Dreamin' is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Holland too.
But I thought that's where the Dutch lived ?
Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by California Dreamin'
But I thought that's where the Dutch lived ?
Some of them do.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Jenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of lightJenster is a glorious beacon of light

Some clarification - The Netherlands is made up of various provinces, of which Holland makes two - north holland and south holland. The other provinces include Friesland and Flevoland. So when you say Holland you're not technically referring to the whole country. Confusing eh?
I still don't know why they're called Dutch though...!
Old Dec 17th 2006, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenster
Some clarification - The Netherlands is made up of various provinces, of which Holland makes two - north holland and south holland. The other provinces include Friesland and Flevoland. So when you say Holland you're not technically referring to the whole country. Confusing eh?
I still don't know why they're called Dutch though...!
So on that basis why are confusing things called Double Dutch ??
Old Dec 17th 2006, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
So on that basis why are confusing things called Double Dutch ??
Wikipedia: double dutch
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
I thought England was the 51st state!
You mean it's not? :scared:
naaa....that's canada, we're the 52nd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.