Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

confused about filing AOS, AP, 325A, etc in San Diego

confused about filing AOS, AP, 325A, etc in San Diego

Old Aug 14th 2001, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
I keep going over the different web sites looking for information exactly on filing in San Diego for AOS, advance parole, EAD G325, Affadavit of support, etc. (We were married on august 4. Hooray!)
Anyway, even the INS San Diego web-site is not clear. Can my "husband" file in person for all these things? Will they accept cash? How many copies of each of these forms do I submit? Should he sign each copy separately? What needs to be certified? Is a xerox copy of my NOA#2 (from the K-1 leg of the process) useable? Maybe I'm missing something. We've decided to not use our attorney for the remainder of our procedures and now I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do. thanks in advance for any and all help. We were hoping he could do it tomorrow, then I realized my signature on the Affadavit had to be notarized! Oops!
Old Aug 14th 2001, 4:16 pm
Gina_l

You need to file in person. The office opens at 7:00 am. The office is not open to
the public on Wednesdays. If you don't get there early you will be there all day.
They close the doors at 2:00 pm. Anyone there before 2:00 will get served that day.
The EAD office is on the same floor until 3:30 but you pay at the main office. You
can get an EAD the same day but if that office is closed already they will give you a
note that says you can return within 5 days to get it. The Social Security office is
across the street and open until 4:00. The INS office has an I-485 adjustment
worksheet which says that you need to submit your I-693 medical (in sealed envelope)
and I-864 affidavit of support at time of filing adjustment of status as of
8/23/00.

The worksheet they use indicates the follwing must be filed: Proof of Entry eg. Copy
of Visa page in passport, Original I-94, Border Crossing Card, other?? Approval
notice for K-1 or I-130 Fingerprint fee: $25 Photos: Adit 3 of beneficiary, 1 USC
Forms G-325A (Ben/App) IRS form 9003 I-485 I-693 I-864 I-765 (optional) - you do not
need to provide ADit photos for this, they take your picture I-131 (optional)- 2 ADIT
photos for this They accept personal checks if drawn on a US bank account. They will
tell you the amount. Only need to write one check.

PS. also submit copies of marriage certificate, birth certificates etc. and there is
a cafeteria on the second floor.

pjane1954 <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 14th 2001, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gina,
Thanks for the information! It will be very useful.
I had seen mention of the Medical (I-693)previously, but was hoping that wasn't required until further down the road.
I also didn't know that I would need to have an Adit photo taken as well! I thought I read that it was only for the alien.