Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cond Perm Resident and living out of the USA!!!!!

Cond Perm Resident and living out of the USA!!!!!

Old Apr 5th 2002, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cond Perm Resident and living out of the USA!!!!!

This is an unusual question.

Anyone who has followed my quest to move to the USA since last May or has looked at our web site, will recall that my new wife (the USC), is a Federal Govt employee. Well, my son and I moved to the USA last November, my new lady and I married and in December 2001 I went through the AOS process. Now I am a conditional permenant resident and green card holder, living and working in Texas.

Without going into any detail, my wife (the Federal employee), may be sent to work in a non-US mainland location as work needs dictate. Well, the possibility of this happening is now on the horizon and latter this summer, we could be moving to an American facility in Germany.

Apart from prediciting that the Dallas INS office will get itself into one heck of a mess over all this (lost files, wrong instructions given and all the usual screw-ups they make), what is the likely INS line regarding my son and my position in all this?

From my passed experience with the INS I am very confused and worried just thinking about what they might say... does anyone here have any experience/ideas/suggestions etc?

Brian.

Last edited by brianr; Apr 5th 2002 at 3:58 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2002, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Inaleda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cond Perm Resident and living out of the USA!!!!!

My husband and I could be in the same position this summer. I have done some reaserch on Internet about this for a couple of mounths.
You can check Chapter 319( especially 319.2) of the immigration law, if you haven`t done that yet.
I am really happy that there is somebody else who faces the same situation as we do, so we can exchange thoughts and ideas for that.
If you want you can contact us on my email address as well, which is: [email protected].
Old Apr 5th 2002, 9:35 pm
Riri

Andy, what do you mean with not actually that restrictive? My mother in law lives out
of the US with her USC husband of 40 some years. He works in a US military base for a
civilian US company (AAFEES for those who know) that has contract with the US Army.
Do you think she might be eligible to become USC without the physical presence
requirement?

Thanks R

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> who are being sent abroad by the US government (it's not actually that
    > restrictive).

> Andy.

Old Apr 5th 2002, 10:05 pm
Jb

RiRi wrote:
    >
    > Andy, what do you mean with not actually that restrictive? My mother in law lives
    > out of the US with her USC husband of 40 some years. He works in a US military base
    > for a civilian US company (AAFEES for those who know) that has contract with the US
    > Army. Do you think she might be eligible to become USC without the physical
    > presence requirement?

Possibly, if he is a government employee or the situation fits one of the
requirements listed here

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/se...tz/Special.htm