Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Computer help

Computer help

Old Dec 27th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Computer help

Answers required please. All of a sudden I cannot open the BritExpats page from my e-mail thread. I have checked the options, security area and to my limited knowledge cannot see anything wrong.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice
Default Re: Computer help

Originally Posted by tony126
Answers required please. All of a sudden I cannot open the BritExpats page from my e-mail thread. I have checked the options, security area and to my limited knowledge cannot see anything wrong.
Hi there.Try deleting all of your cached cookies followed by a re-boot.That may well do the trick.

Last edited by cupranod; Dec 27th 2004 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Addition to reply-more detail
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cupranod
Hi there.Try deleting all of your cached cookies followed by a re-boot.That may well do the trick.
Cleared the cookies in the internet settings but do not know if that is the same as clearing 'cached cookies'. Even so the result remains the same. I may need directions to get to cached cookies.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:32 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Can you describe exactly what an "email thread" is" ?
(Do you mean when you receive an email notification of a reply to a topic ? What email client do you use ? or is it webmail ?)
Also - what browser are you using ?

Webbs.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Webbie
Can you describe exactly what an "email thread" is" ?
(Do you mean when you receive an email notification of a reply to a topic ? What email client do you use ? or is it webmail ?)
Also - what browser are you using ?

Webbs.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...6&goto=newpost
is the thread. I use Outlook Express and have IE to the latest versions. I also have XP2.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:45 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...6&goto=newpost
is the thread. I use Outlook Express and have IE to the latest versions. I also have XP2.
No sorry you've lost me.

When you receive an email notification of a reply in Outlook Express and you click on that link does it work ?

Or are you talking about on the forum itself and you are viewing the threads you have subscribed to in your user control panel ?
Old Dec 27th 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

No sorry you've lost me.

When you receive an email notification of a reply in Outlook Express and you click on that link does it work ?

Or are you talking about on the forum itself and you are viewing the threads you have subscribed to in your user control panel ?
When I click on the e-mail notification nothing happens. I am receiving your mail and then open the Expats site to see what it is you have said.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 3:03 pm

When I click on the e-mail notification nothing happens. I am receiving your mail and then open the Expats site to see what it is you have said.
So Outlook Express is giving you the problems*

Can't help you there.

I dumped that Micro$oft piece of snit ages ago.
Download Mozilla's Thunderbird email app and Firefox browser.
Stop filling Bill Gates' pockets.

(Is there anyone who still uses OE6 who can help ?)
Old Dec 27th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

So Outlook Express is giving you the problems*

Can't help you there.

I dumped that Micro$oft piece of snit ages ago.
Download Mozilla's Thunderbird email app and Firefox browser.
Stop filling Bill Gates' pockets.

(Is there anyone who still uses OE6 who can help ?)
Thanks for your help. I did load Mozilla and Firefox onto my computer just before Christmas and found I could not adjust the sound when I tuned into BBC Radio so I removed it and went back to my original setting. I have had the problem since I removed it so I will have a go at loading it back on and living with the sound problem. Thanks again.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 3:10 pm

Just had a quick Google and found a couple of possible solutions:

Same problem as yours ->
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...=960019&page=6

Possible fix ->
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm