Complete GCSE's or no?

Wikiposts

Complete GCSE's or no?

Old Jul 27th 2022, 9:46 am
Just Joined

BackHomeInTexas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Complete GCSE's or no?

We waited an extra 2 months for son to complete GCSE's
His new High School gave him tons of credit for his Grammar School per term/year results. We are so happy we took the extra time as he now has a lot less to do than we thought.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

just something else to think about..... but if you are looking to send you child to an instate college/university and take advantage of the instate significantly lower tuition fees, it can be a huge pain in the ass to prove you are entitled to this.
My son has completed 4 years of high school in Florida, graduated but it has taken most of the year so far and endless submission of documents and affidavits followed by appeals just to prove he is a Florida resident.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 8:00 am
Just Joined

angeldeborah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BackHomeInTexas
We waited an extra 2 months for son to complete GCSE's
His new High School gave him tons of credit for his Grammar School per term/year results. We are so happy we took the extra time as he now has a lot less to do than we thought.
Thank you. Definitely looking into staying for her GCSE's too then. My daughter is also currently attending a grammar school.

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
just something else to think about..... but if you are looking to send you child to an instate college/university and take advantage of the instate significantly lower tuition fees, it can be a huge pain in the ass to prove you are entitled to this.
My son has completed 4 years of high school in Florida, graduated but it has taken most of the year so far and endless submission of documents and affidavits followed by appeals just to prove he is a Florida resident.
Hi, we'll be moving to NYC as that's where my husband lives. I've just looked at the SUNY (State University of New York) website and they require you to live in the state for 12 months. If we move fully next July then by the time she starts applying she would've been in NY for 12 months
Old Jul 29th 2022, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeldeborah
Thank you. Definitely looking into staying for her GCSE's too then. My daughter is also currently attending a grammar school.

Hi, we'll be moving to NYC as that's where my husband lives. I've just looked at the SUNY (State University of New York) website and they require you to live in the state for 12 months. If we move fully next July then by the time she starts applying she would've been in NY for 12 months
Florida residency requirement is also "technically" 12 months. I would be very wealthy if I had a dollar for the amount of times I reminded admissions of that! good luck!