Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Competing Serial Killers?

Competing Serial Killers?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Competing Serial Killers?

Originally Posted by Tolos
Wrong forum for that love. This is a place where you have two options: join the clique, or remain a desperate ass kisser doomed to play pretend.

Or go my way, speak your mind, disagree with the obsessive locals, and get banned.

Fuhrers!
I try to be a good Girl now days, my mouth has got me in to trouble far to offern in the past. I dont come on here to get agroo off other's. I do understand what your saying, but dont want to go down that road of risking being banned
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Wow! One of the killers has been named the 'Baseline killer' because of where he committed his first murder. Unless I'm mistaken, baseline rd is in Tempe which is a lovely college town. What an absolute shame that eveyone has to stop living their lives just incase some sicko feels like killing them for no apparent reason. That is really disturbing!
I lived in Leeds as a student at the time the Yorkshire Ripper was out and about. We were worried, but we made sure that we never went anywhere alone. When we went out at night, we'd ring our hall of residence and let the duty volunteer know what bus were were coming back on, then two more girls would collect us from the bus stop. It didn't stop us living our lives, we still partied and everything, we were just more careful than we'd have been elsewhere.

Still, having been in a similar situation, I can empathise with the residents of Tempe. It is very stressful having to live with something like that hanging over you all the time.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:39 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said before, there are always serial killers around, but the authorities dont always figure it out (like the murdered who just conffessed to another 48). I'd be more worried about those! I guess after Suzy Lamplugh (sp?) and all that, we should all consider our personal safety. That said, if there was a Zodiac in my town, I'd be getting a concealed carry permit (which I'm doing anyway, but thats just me).
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:48 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
Wrong forum for that love. This is a place where you have two options: join the clique, or remain a desperate ass kisser doomed to play pretend.

Or go my way, speak your mind, disagree with the obsessive locals, and get banned.

I'm still here.
And anyway (and please forgive me as i may have missed something here such as your former identity) but how can you be posting if you've been banned ??
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:34 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
While it's terrible that these two are out on the streets, I think the local media is hyping this thing up like a two day rain storm around these parts. The "Baseline rapist" is very sloppy by the sounds of things, doing his murders/rapes in broad daylight and in busy streets, so it's only a matter of time before he gets caught.
Yeah, there is a bit of scare mongering going on. That BBC report was a load of rubbish if you ask me, I don't feel any more threatened than I normally do. As for 'usually peaceful city', what a load of bollox, there's always shit on the news here about people getting shot & it's not by these blokes, just everyday Joes (I'm not referring to the Sheriff!) it seems, domestic disturbance, drug deals gone wrong, road rage, random killings.

'Two serial killers are bringing such fear to the streets of Phoenix in the US that residents are taking steps to arm themselves.' - What a load of crap, lots of people here are already armed anyway. I've not seen any difference in the amount of people walking around/in shops, so I don't know where they get this from - 'At this time of year, the shopping malls and cinemas are usually busy in the evening, as people take advantage of free air-conditioning, but this summer things are different. Restaurants are empty, in fact much of the city falls silent once the sun has set.' - again, total bollox!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 5:02 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, there is a bit of scare mongering going on. That BBC report was a load of rubbish if you ask me, I don't feel any more threatened than I normally do. As for 'usually peaceful city', what a load of bollox, there's always shit on the news here about people getting shot & it's not by these blokes, just everyday Joes (I'm not referring to the Sheriff!) it seems, domestic disturbance, drug deals gone wrong, road rage, random killings.

'Two serial killers are bringing such fear to the streets of Phoenix in the US that residents are taking steps to arm themselves.' - What a load of crap, lots of people here are already armed anyway. I've not seen any difference in the amount of people walking around/in shops, so I don't know where they get this from - 'At this time of year, the shopping malls and cinemas are usually busy in the evening, as people take advantage of free air-conditioning, but this summer things are different. Restaurants are empty, in fact much of the city falls silent once the sun has set.' - again, total bollox!
Can you believe it made the BBC?
Old Jul 29th 2006, 6:17 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Can you believe it made the BBC?
No, it did shock me, as a few friends had asked how I was doing with all the recent goings on & to be honest, I wasn't sure what they were referring to! I asked them how they knew about it & they told me about the BBC report, I was very surprised.

Last edited by Partystar; Jul 29th 2006 at 6:21 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

They have arrested two people in connection with the sniper shootings.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 11:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's been all over the news here. They're being very cryptic - to protect the case I suppose.

At least (hopefully) one of the cases has been solved.