Comparison

Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Comparison

This is probably the wrong forum but anyway

I just heard on BBC Radio that ALL women in the UK who are diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will be put forward for treatment by Herceptin at a cost of over 40,000 pounds per patient. This has the potential to save many lives of young and middle aged women. This is obviously free on the NHS.

To the detractors who insist that health care is superior in the US I wonder could they offer what they feel the chances of the USA doing something like this would be?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Comparison

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

I just heard on BBC Radio that ALL women in the UK who are diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will be put forward for treatment by Herceptin at a cost of over 40,000 pounds per patient. This has the potential to save many lives of young and middle aged women. This is obviously free on the NHS.

To the detractors who insist that health care is superior in the US I wonder could they offer what they feel the chances of the USA doing something like this would be?

Choose your answer from the following:

Zip, Zilch, Nada, Nought, ***** all, None, Diddly squat, etc etc etc
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Choose your answer from the following:

Zip, Zilch, Nada, Nought, ***** all, None, Diddly squat, etc etc etc
A voice of knowledge?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, but will every district be able to afford it? I know that, depending on where you live, healthcare can be very good, or pretty crappy. I wonder if that will have any effect on this treatment....
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Sounds good, but will every district be able to afford it? I know that, depending on where you live, healthcare can be very good, or pretty crappy. I wonder if that will have any effect on this treatment....
As it is here. And that I cant answer. However, at the very least the treatment will be made available even if you had to travel to another area.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As it is here. And that I cant answer. However, at the very least the treatment will be made available even if you had to travel to another area.
But, how long is the wait? Our wait times in Harrogate were, on the average, pretty good. But, if you had to travel to Leeds, the wait times were horrendous. Perhaps things have improved, but when I lived there a man had to wait almost a year to have a lump checked out by a consultant....
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:00 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

FREE??? I think not.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pigtails
FREE??? I think not.
You think not what? Free in the UK or free in ths US?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:04 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

You think not what? Free in the UK or free in ths US?

Taxes my dear. Just always cracks me up on this board when they call social programs "free". You're paying for it in every paycheck.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Taxes my dear. Just always cracks me up on this board when they call social programs "free". You're paying for it in every paycheck.
free upon delivery, Even with the odd waiting list.......people aren't left with the stark choice of death or bankruptcy.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
But, how long is the wait? Our wait times in Harrogate were, on the average, pretty good. But, if you had to travel to Leeds, the wait times were horrendous. Perhaps things have improved, but when I lived there a man had to wait almost a year to have a lump checked out by a consultant....
Again I cant answer that. I would hope that it would be short, but who knows? I think like all things some people will get treatment fast while others dont. But the point im making is it will be available to anyone regardless of social standing or FICO score. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that health care in the US is better for serious illnesses, and im trying to address that. Yes, healthcare may be better if you can afford it (although since both my wife and myself work in the health fields I currently doubt it...like a lot of things its all show and smoke and mirrors in a lot of cases). But if you cant then it may as well not exsist at all.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
free upon delivery, Even with the odd waiting list.......people aren't left with the stark choice of death or bankruptcy.

Not going there with you again Manc. You know I'm right.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

That was what we thought before emigrating. However since I now pay for medicare and social security in my pay checks and then pay $400 per month for health insurance AND THEN have to pay deductables, co-pays etc I now think otherwise.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:09 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You know I'm right.
a little too far for my liking.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
a little too far for my liking.
<snort>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.