Reload this Page >

Company Transfer Advice

Company Transfer Advice

Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Vultan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Company Transfer Advice

Hi There,

Been on here some time and reading a lot of the different scenario's but as yet, have come across any that could help me. Therefore I was hoping someone may give me some advice.

Basically I work for a company who have offices here in London and the California, and now are looking at transfering me to the US office. They have asked myself to do some research into Agents/Agencies which deal in Visa processing of this matter, as they are aware of the costs of Law Firms which provide this (but are not so willing to provide the extensive costs for them).

I've had a look myself and found a few, but I thought it would be great help if someone had previous knowledge of an agent/agency based here in London or US, which was a great help to them or just has very good reviews.

Any advice/help would be ideal.

Thanks
V
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company Transfer Advice

Originally Posted by Vultan
They have asked myself to do some research into Agents/Agencies which deal in Visa processing of this matter, as they are aware of the costs of Law Firms which provide this (but are not so willing to provide the extensive costs for them).
The only proper agency to deal with such things is the US government. Most visa agencies are scams designed specifically to promise you a visa, take your money, and leave you to fend for yourself when you don't get the visa.

The company may not like it, but the only way forward for a legitimate transfer is via an experienced immigration attorney. If they aren't willing to spend the $$, I suggest you pass on the offer of a transfer.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Never use an Agent or Agency. Only use a qualified Immigration Attorney. The company should have one already, if they've done transfers before. If this is their first one, then THEY need to research and find an immigration attorney, it is their responsibility, not yours.

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice guys...

Just wondering if any of you know, of a good well respected Immigration Attorney my company could contact in relation to the transfer?!
Previous experience would come in extremly handful.

Thanks again
V
Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

have seen many recommendations on here for a good immigration attorney based in Los Angeles , http://www.fongandchun.com/ , he is a member of the BE community but i havent seen him post in a little while
Immigration is federal and so it doesnt matter where the attorney is based as pretty much all of the process can be done via email and mail etc
Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice guys...

Just wondering if any of you know, of a good well respected Immigration Attorney my company could contact in relation to the transfer?!
Previous experience would come in extremly handful.

Thanks again
V
My company have used Jackson Lewis LLP based in NY on numerous occasions including my own transfer. Whilst i had personal issues with some of their decisons in my case, they were successful in my petition.

www.jacksonlewis.com is their web. I do not believe that they are dedicated just to immigration, but they certainly know their stuff in this field.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

DavidLemon & Paulpur,

Any chance you can give me an idea on average fees both these attorney's charged for the whole visa processing?!

Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

ive no idea how much they charge tbh, but i believe that you may be able to get a low cost consultation(perhaps even free, im not sure) at which you can discuss your case and their fee's etc
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:29 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulpur
ive no idea how much they charge tbh, but i believe that you may be able to get a low cost consultation(perhaps even free, im not sure) at which you can discuss your case and their fee's etc
We use: http://www.fragomen.com/
As to costs, I can't remember, but under $2,000 I would think
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

DavidLemon & Paulpur,

Any chance you can give me an idea on average fees both these attorney's charged for the whole visa processing?!

Thanks
Hi

To be fair i can not recall what was charged. However a simple call to them should be sufficient to give you an idea of costs.

The link is in previous thread. It pays to shop around though. My suggestion was purely based on my experience and previous experiences of my company.