Colorado

Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:13 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colorado

Originally Posted by Partystar
What's an 'I'm-alright-Jack attitude'?

And be as harsh as you like, I can take it!
It means, I got mine, I don't care about the rest of you.

When going through the treadmill of immigration, I used to fantasize about getting my GC, and flying back from the UK, whipping out the card, and sailing through Immigration with the USCs whilst the tourist hop polloi languished in line. As if, somehow, this would make me feel special, set apart.

There was a delicious irony when I finally got mine. I was based in Houston at the time, and unlike gateway airports like Newark, Chicago, Atlanta etc, nary a European tourist comes to Houston - just conventioneers.

Excitedly, I was all set to realise my fantasy when we arrived at the Immigration hall. The seven tourists on our flight walked briskly through whilst I had to wait inline with the USCs for an hour. And, boy, did I deserve that for being a smug bastard. I had a good chuckle about it afterward.

I'm not a hypocrite. I've had I'm-alright-Jack feelings like that in the past but I try to suppress them.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:22 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Fee Fi Fo Fum
Uhhhh, the next part is the best...where he's gonna grind the bones of some englishman!!!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:23 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vikki66
Thanks could do with some info on Colorado, as only been here couple of weeks and still trying to find my way around co springs!! Any good pubs or is that a silly question!! How do ya like Denver? ok I guess you have been there long enough. I spent a year in Florida b4 coming here and didnt think much of Fl, humidity sucks.
The Springs are beautiful. Be sure to check out Manitou Springs too. I guess Jack Quinn's is a good pub downtown. Also, you can get a glass of port to go with your movie at Kimball's. If you like to mountain bike, ride Palmer Park, Ute Valley or Garden of the Gods. If you run, or hike, do Barr Trail and tackle the Incline/Cog Railway.

I love Denver. It's a good sized city. Lots to do. You might find your sinuses irritated for a bit until you get used to the dryness. Snort salt water. Seriously!

Oh, and this goes for anyone who likes to ski. Go to www.snow.com, and buy your season pass for $350. That gives you unlimited skiing at Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, plus ten days at Vail and Beaver Creek. You used to have to have in-state residency to buy a pass but that has changed.
I'd encourage anyone who likes to ski to do this. A regular daily pass at Vail is $80 so you only have to go a few times and you've covered yourself.

Anyway, if you like swing dancing/lindy hop/Charleston and Balboa, you're welcome to come up to Denver and I'll show you the Mercury Cafe - one of the main reasons I love Denver.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:26 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
It means, I got mine, I don't care about the rest of you.

When going through the treadmill of immigration, I used to fantasize about getting my GC, and flying back from the UK, whipping out the card, and sailing through Immigration with the USCs whilst the tourist hop polloi languished in line. As if, somehow, this would make me feel special, set apart.

There was a delicious irony when I finally got mine. I was based in Houston at the time, and unlike gateway airports like Newark, Chicago, Atlanta etc, nary a European tourist comes to Houston - just conventioneers.

Excitedly, I was all set to realise my fantasy when we arrived at the Immigration hall. The seven tourists on our flight walked briskly through whilst I had to wait inline with the USCs for an hour. And, boy, did I deserve that for being a smug bastard. I had a good chuckle about it afterward.

I'm not a hypocrite. I've had I'm-alright-Jack feelings like that in the past but I try to suppress them.
Thanx for clearing that one up, I've never heard that saying.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for clearing that one up, I've never heard that saying.

Really? You surprise me...its an old established saying.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:36 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Seriously, I've not heard it. Well if I have, then I certainly don't remember...oh crap, is my memory going now too?!?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I've not heard it. Well if I have, then I certainly don't remember...oh crap, is my memory going now too?!?
I think its when you get excited and start jumping up and down...your huge boobies cover your ears.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:51 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vikki66
Thanks could do with some info on Colorado, as only been here couple of weeks and still trying to find my way around co springs!! Any good pubs or is that a silly question!! How do ya like Denver? ok I guess you have been there long enough. I spent a year in Florida b4 coming here and didnt think much of Fl, humidity sucks.
Jack Quin's, South Side Jonny's, Phantom Cannon(they brew their own beers), The Golden Bee (English Pub)to name but a few of the better bars/pubs. If you head up north on Powers there's Rock Bottom they brew their own beers which are pretty nice.

By they way OP I didn't meet you in Cowboys a few weeks ago?

There's are a few Brits and Europeans around that I know but I don't think they post on here.

Garden of the Gods is a must and the cog up Pikes Peak is worth a go just for the view.

If you want a scenic drive take the 24 back through the mountains and head up to Breckenridge (good base for hiking and biking), if you are looking for cheap accommodation check out the Fireside Inn (Its run by Brits too).

Last edited by britontour; Jul 10th 2006 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

and you'd know being old and established.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:06 pm
Back where I belong!

I think its when you get excited and start jumping up and down...your huge boobies cover your ears.
Nah, that's what gives me the black eyes!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:28 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Snort salt water. Seriously!
I've not heard that one before, however drink plenty of water it helps with the altitude.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:51 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britontour
I've not heard that one before, however drink plenty of water it helps with the altitude.
You can buy it bottled - it's called Ocean Spray and should help. Also, get yourself some lip balm!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
You can buy it bottled - it's called Ocean Spray and should help. Also, get yourself some lip balm!
Thought that was Ocean Spray was cranberry juice.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whilst in Colorado, a bit far away from the religous fevour of the Springs, about 100 miles north.

Nice place to visit, and if you play Squash I can recommend a club but unfortunately that is about it.

I have a friend who was born and grew up there, saw the light and now is in Boulder, a totty less environment so I am told. Well he did not have much success. Seems to be doing OK now.

I did not have any problem with the dryness, but as a general rule drink twice as much as you would normally, alcohol is a killer, strong beers and altitude, a couple and you have had it. Had 4 in my local brew pub not long after moving over and fell over. And I like my pint.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 3:38 am
The American Job

Originally Posted by Boiler
Whilst in Colorado, a bit far away from the religous fevour of the Springs, about 100 miles north.

Nice place to visit, and if you play Squash I can recommend a club but unfortunately that is about it.

I have a friend who was born and grew up there, saw the light and now is in Boulder, a totty less environment so I am told. Well he did not have much success. Seems to be doing OK now.

I did not have any problem with the dryness, but as a general rule drink twice as much as you would normally, alcohol is a killer, strong beers and altitude, a couple and you have had it. Had 4 in my local brew pub not long after moving over and fell over. And I like my pint.
Good advice, I know the military give 30 days to get used to the altitude, although I think it takes longer.

Sure there is less totty but most of the totty is bored of the military boys which makes up the biggest amount of males, so its easy pulling for a Brit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.