Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

collecting re-entry permit

collecting re-entry permit

Old Feb 18th 2006, 2:19 pm
ann

Default collecting re-entry permit

I've applied for a re-entry permit from the U.S. Can I ask the London Embassy to post it to my address when they receive it? I would be interested in any infomation concerning the re-entry permit.
Thanks.

Old Feb 18th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: collecting re-entry permit

Originally Posted by ann
I've applied for a re-entry permit from the U.S. Can I ask the London Embassy to post it to my address when they receive it? I would be interested in any infomation concerning the re-entry permit.
Thanks.
What is a re-entry permit ?
Old Feb 18th 2006, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Best to just pop into the US Immigration section on this site
Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
What is a re-entry permit ?
Have a guess. Theres a clue in the name somewhere.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Best to just pop into the US Immigration section on this site

but thats too much like common sense!!
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Have a guess. Theres a clue in the name somewhere.
What I meant was why does anyone want a re-entry permit ? If you hold a green card you just use it to go in and out of the country. If you hold a visa then it is valid for entering the country anytime. If you have taken full citizenship you don't need one anyway.
I asked because I had not heard of one before, if you want to answer the question then answer it without the sarcasm.

Maybe someone inteligent would like to answer on your behalf.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant was why does anyone want a re-entry permit ? If you hold a green card you just use it to go in and out of the country. If you hold a visa then it is valid for entering the country anytime. .
Oh ye..of little knowledge....

google I-131 form
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant was why does anyone want a re-entry permit ? If you hold a green card you just use it to go in and out of the country. If you hold a visa then it is valid for entering the country anytime. If you have taken full citizenship you don't need one anyway.
I asked because I had not heard of one before, if you want to answer the question then answer it without the sarcasm.

What do you have against sarcasm? And intelligence should be left at the door before logging on to this forum
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

and then maybe someone intelligent would like to read that answer on your behalf.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I'm just a simple southern redneck.. I dont need no stinkin' permits for anything.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you've buggered off for more than six months, your greencard might not doing anything for you as they could think you've abandoned your residency, so you get a re-entry permit to allow you back.

To the OP, best bet in asking in the immigration forums here.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
If you've buggered off for more than six months, your greencard might not doing anything for you as they could think you've abandoned your residency, so you get a re-entry permit to allow you back.

Or stop being a lazy arse and look it up themselves.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob

Thank you very much for that expanation

Thats all I asked for. .... My greencard info say's I can leave for up to two years at any time !
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:58 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for that expanation

Thats all I asked for. .... My greencard info say's I can leave for up to two years at any time !
I thank God for small mercies then!

When are you leaving?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

. .... My greencard info say's I can leave for up to two years at any time !
where does it say that? be interested to know as they usually don't say anything of the sort, just how long there valid for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.