Wikiposts

Coffee

Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:50 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coffee

Originally Posted by Ant Farm
Thats was a typo

I just told my daughter I want this for Fathers Day.
http://catalog.huladaddy.com/category-s/57.htm
What do you use to make you coffee then.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:02 pm
Banned

Ant Farm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
What do you use to make you coffee then.
A modified 2008 Viking Pro, and yes, it travels with me.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:49 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

And do you think that produces a coffee comparable to one made in a french press with a good method? I'm refusing to buy a new machine until I find one that does.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:56 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious about this type of machine.. what does it do that I cannot achieve by manually pouring water from the kettle into my filter cone that is held over a vacuum jug? Assuming that I pour it when it is approx 195-205°F.

On a related note, I find hotels/B&Bs in the UK more usefully equipped than ones in the US. In the UK they always have a kettle in the room, so just right for me travelling with my plastic filter cone, papers, and coffee. In America they always seem to have some cheap little drip coffee making machine that serves water at an unknown temperature and also serves the water with a stale coffee flavour, which makes it useless for either tea or coffee making. (If I'm traveling by car I usually carry an electric kettle, but not if I'm using public transport.)
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:05 am
Banned

And do you think that produces a coffee comparable to one made in a french press with a good method? I'm refusing to buy a new machine until I find one that does.
Too labor intensive
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234
I'm curious about this type of machine.. what does it do that I cannot achieve by manually pouring water from the kettle into my filter cone that is held over a vacuum jug? Assuming that I pour it when it is approx 195-205°F.
The water is exactly 197 degrees every time and it doesn't use a paper filter, furthermore I don't eat breakfast, I have three to four cups of coffee instead, my wife has one and if my kids are around they'll have a few so a press doesn't work for us. And it's a bit pretentious isn't it?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:09 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

The water is exactly 197 degrees every time and it doesn't use a paper filter, furthermore I don't eat breakfast, I have three to four cups of coffee instead, my wife has one and if my kids are around they'll have a few so a press doesn't work for us. And it's a bit pretentious isn't it?
Yeah but my offering was a vacuum jug not a French Press (must admit I usually refer to a French Press by its British name, сafetière..)
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:42 am
Sleepless In Chicago

Too labor intensive
How so? I'd say cleaning the inner workings of a drip machine is pretty labor intensive!

How easy is the viking to clean?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:54 am
Sleepless In Chicago

. And it's a bit pretentious isn't it?
How is it pretentious? Its a glass jug with a wire mesh filter!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 4:08 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How is it pretentious? Its a glass jug with a wire mesh filter!
Thanks for helping flush out our serial troll, guys. He's gone now.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:39 am
Sleepless In Chicago

I thought so!

Unfortunately, I did want to know about coffee makers!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Too labor intensive
What's to labour intensive about pouring water and pushing a plunger?

I'm really curious now, how something really expensive really does make a better coffee for so much less money? That kind of cost, it better offer more benefits than just the coffee that's for sure
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:49 am
Heading for Poppyland

I'm beginning to wonder, did he really own that super expensive coffee maker he said he'd modified...
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

"Not", based on any of his other wild claims.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:13 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've listened to you all - and by listened I of course mean I've ignored you all and bought a Keurig single cup machine. Price was okay where I was and I got a ton of the K-cup flavors from a friend of mine. I used to drink from one of these in work all day long and was never unhappy with it.

Cheers though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.