Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Co-Payments for Expensive Drugs Soar

Co-Payments for Expensive Drugs Soar

Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Co-Payments for Expensive Drugs Soar

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Yeah and you're wife must be pissed now that you've listed her treatment. Men...
She's probably like my husband and never looks on here...ignorance is bliss.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:49 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Highest copay is now $75. I have three scripts that I can't change from brand because generic isn't well tolerated nor is there a substitute. I've been stable for years now and am not going to take the risk of upsetting the balance. But I've watched that copay triple in 10 years.

Meanwhile the ex, who is a libertarian, has a $10 flat copay. And pays 1/2 what I pay. But then he is an Employee at the company where he works, whereas I am a Contractor.

He also believes that PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis) should be legal to use to select for *traits* -- that is, instead of merely screening for diseases, you should be able to select the sex of the baby and if technology permits, skin, eye, hair colour, height, etc..... he believes that people are diverse enough, that they will make differing choices and keep genetic diversity.

I think we'd end up with a load of Barbie and Ken lookalikes and the money could be better spent on primary health care.

Last edited by snowbunny; Apr 15th 2008 at 3:52 am.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:02 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Highest copay is now $75. I have three scripts that I can't change from brand because generic isn't well tolerated nor is there a substitute. I've been stable for years now and am not going to take the risk of upsetting the balance. But I've watched that copay triple in 10 years.

Meanwhile the ex, who is a libertarian, has a $10 flat copay. And pays 1/2 what I pay. But then he is an Employee at the company where he works, whereas I am a Contractor.

He also believes that PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis) should be legal to use to select for *traits* -- that is, instead of merely screening for diseases, you should be able to select the sex of the baby and if technology permits, skin, eye, hair colour, height, etc..... he believes that people are diverse enough, that they will make differing choices and keep genetic diversity.

I think we'd end up with a load of Barbie and Ken lookalikes and the money could be better spent on primary health care.
What would your copays be if you were covered under your hubby's insurance? I would switch to his since I know how unstable contracting can be. I take it they would be the same, no?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

What would your copays be if you were covered under your hubby's insurance? I would switch to his since I know how unstable contracting can be. I take it they would be the same, no?
I don't know, but his insurance isn't that great, either, and the premiums would be more. His own job isn't all that stable at the moment which is not helping the mood around the house.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:06 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, but his insurance isn't that great, either, and the premiums would be more. His own job isn't all that stable at the moment which is not helping the mood around the house.
Is he in IT as well?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:08 am
Lapine Member

Is he in IT as well?
No, trucking/logistics, but people aren't buying as much Stuff to be delivered.

My business unit isn't seeing too much impact, yet, but the general mood and the rumour mill has everyone so scared that they are working OT and keeping their noses as clean as possible. It is a sudden and perceptible shift. Ex-husband is a guru who will always have a job.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:15 am
Riding on silver wings

No, trucking/logistics, but people aren't buying as much Stuff to be delivered.

My business unit isn't seeing too much impact, yet, but the general mood and the rumour mill has everyone so scared that they are working OT and keeping their noses as clean as possible. It is a sudden and perceptible shift. Ex-husband is a guru who will always have a job.
I'm sure you know of Sprint here in Kansas City. I think everyone there feels like they are walking around to avoid quicksand there. The company seems very sensitive to economic fluctuations. It's almost a quarterly thing to expect news of a layoff there. Hopefully it's not that dire where you are. You do have my sympathy as an IT contractor. I used to do the same and ended up with three positions that where the project ended. Mind you all of these contracts had 6 mos. Right to Hire terms written in. You know the proverbial carrot on the stick. Well I eventually found a job as a full time employee just so I could sleep at night and own a home. I was tired of paying COBRA, which is a rip-off, just to receive health care due to pre-existing conditions. I hope that you find some solid ground soon and better coverage at work. However it's not that simple to do I'm sure. I'm feeling you Snowbunny.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:19 am
Lapine Member

I hope that you find some solid ground soon and better coverage at work. However it's not that simple to do I'm sure. I'm feeling you Snowbunny.
Thanks for the good thoughts....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and you're wife must be pissed now that you've listed her treatment. Men...
No she does not care. Her & tons of USA & European woman get it done. She's a nurse, occupational hazard. Standing on feet, for hours.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
No she does not care. Her & tons of USA & European woman get it done. She's a nurse, occupational hazard. Standing on feet, for hours.
Reg. Frank R.
A pair of trouser would be cheaper.......
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
A pair of trouser would be cheaper.......
Funny Ray, very amusing.
Hows the cold tonight? 63f here.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Funny Ray, very amusing.
Hows the cold tonight? 63f here.
Reg. Frank R.
only 61f here ..I have a blanket around me ...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
We turned off the A/C and opened the windows. Good news the cold has stopped the bloody bull frogs from screwing all night. Little sods have kept me awake for 2 weeks. I'm a city kid, I sleep, through police sirens and gunfire, not nature.
Stay warm.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:10 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Holy moses! It's a chilly 80 degrees here at 10pm. Wondering whether we'll be able to turn the heating off soon.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

61 is our high tomorow, perhaps the snow will melt.

Still got drifts taller than me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.