Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Classic Brit Films

Classic Brit Films

Old Feb 13th 2012, 11:38 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Classic Brit Films

Man in the white suit
Whisky Galore
Up in the world
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Billy Liar
Lawrence of Arabia
Brazil
Kes
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:55 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

The Plank, with Eric Idle
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:00 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas
The Plank, with Eric Idle
I think confusing Eric Sykes and Eric Idle should be a crime.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:13 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Dam Busters (and if you're doing that, 633 squadron)
The Blue Lamp
Reach for the Sky
Ring of Bright Water
Cockleshell Heroes
Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
Maltese Falcon
39 Steps
Hound of the Baskervilles
Bridge Too Far
Ghandi
Ice Cold in Alex
Look Back in Anger
Our man in havana
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:17 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I think confusing Eric Sykes and Eric Idle should be a crime.
Guilty as charged
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

I think you mentioned she likes Sci-Fi, so Village of the Damned
Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
if....
+1

ETA ...

Thanks guys! I just added 16 movies to my Netflix queue! My queue has been empty for over 6 months.

Last edited by Steerpike; Feb 14th 2012 at 2:15 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

If you decide to try "A Matter of Life and Death", need to look for the alternative (American) title - "Stairway to Heaven". Why it was changed, I can't imagine. If you could find it, I'd recommend "The Fourposter" - I've tried every avenue I can find & failed miserably in locating a copy. (Rex Harrison & Lilli Palmer - early 50's I think.)
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Not seeing The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie anywhere! Now THAT'S a crime!

Pink Panther (any of the originals with Peter Sellers including the daddy of them all, A Shot In The Dark)
The Mouse That Roared (speaking of Sellers!)
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I hate my cable provider (Cox, expensive and unreliable). Is Netflix good?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:26 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
I hate my cable provider (Cox, expensive and unreliable). Is Netflix good?
I think it is very good. Check out if it has what interest you. Interface is good, easy to find stuff, I find it has a good library, though sometimes content is removed. There is always something of interest to watch.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Lord_GG_Byron will become famous soon enough

Hot Fuzz :P Sorry, a fan of the Simon Pegg and Nick Frost tandem, including Sean of the Dead.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

On the more current side, how about "Billy Elliott"? According to my OH, it's quite historical and very political, much like "Brassed Off" and "The Full Monty" (my fav, BTW)
Old Feb 15th 2012, 6:16 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
On the more current side, how about "Billy Elliott"? According to my OH, it's quite historical and very political, much like "Brassed Off" and "The Full Monty" (my fav, BTW)
I have to say that I hate Billy Elliott with a passion. (I do like Brassed Off and The Full Monty) It is a nasty class biased piece of vitriol. It presents the working class characters as bigoted idiots with no appreciation of anything cultural, and while there are people like that, this film casts a whole world of them as one big stereotype. The one odd fish amongst them finds his redemption via a middle class pursuit. I felt the message of the movie was how wonderful it was that the 'middle class' boy born to a working class family was able to escape to the life that he really deserved. While this and Kes have different themes, I think there is room for some comparison and that doing so helps show this movie for its limited ambitions and its acceptance of easy stereotypes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.